Scratchy throat? Crop issue?

RojoMarz

Crowing
May 21, 2020
Southern CO...at 8600 ft
I have a Delaware (Debbie) pullet that is approx. 18 weeks old that is doing neck stretching and beak movement type behavior. Have not notice this before today. She (and two other same age pullets) have been integrated with 5 other pullets (who are almost 1 year old) for the last 6 weeks or so. No issues beyond the normal pecking order type behavior.

Lunchtime, today, when I went out to the coop, I didn't see Debbie. As I was looking around for her, she went running by. Hot on her tail was one of the Light Brahma's. LB was viciously attacking Debbie, which was behavior that I have never been seen. I got Debbie from under LB and put Debbie in the brooder area of the coop, with food and water and I go back to work.

Just went back to the coop. Debbie is constantly stretching her neck and open/shutting her beak. Sorta like a rooster crowing, but with no sound. I don't believe Debbie is a Doug. I'm thinking something may be wrong, which also may help explain why the LB acted as she did.

I will try and upload video...have not done that before. Any thoughts on what, if anything, may be wrong with Debbie?

Last edited:
Here's a pic. She looks tired and pale.

Attachments

• 20210115_155941.jpg
    20210115_155941.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom