SE MI, 6 wk Salmon Faverolle rooster

tororider

Songster
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast MI
Anyone interested in a 6 week old Salmon faverolle rooster for $5. Good looking little guy, but I have two, and I have another 4 week old on the way that I may be selling.

Here are a couple pictures of him.

salmfavroo2.jpg

salmfavroo6weeks.jpg

I hatched them out of eggs I got from Michigan State University Poultry Department. I haven't had salmon faverolles prior to this so I just assumed that they head poultry guy would be giving me the right eggs. What does it look like to you?

I finally gave in to my son's begging - ever since his older sister showed broilers for 4-H last year he has wanted to raise showbirds. He took a pen of broilers, a pen of cornish hens and a turkey to fair this year. Anyway, long story short, he got a salmon favorelle and a buttercup chick. Sure would love a rooster to go with our pullet but I'm concerned about the noise factor. After spending a week at fair in a barn with a few roosters that had to make themselves known .. hehe ... I'm kind of leary of bringing one home for fear that he would disturb our neighbors. How vocal are these guys?

The other boys have started crowing, mostly the EE's. The Salmon Faverolle has not yet started to crow. That is all I can tell you, but he is far less confrontational than some of the others, specifically the EE's. Let me know.

i really dont think that that is a pure faverolle, and the colors are not that of a male...maybe a PQ pullet but the colors are way off for it to be a male. there is also no beard....

it could possible be a Mahogany Faverolle and if so its a pullet

Last edited:
Blue would be cool. The reason I think it is a roo is because another one hatched at the same time is slightly lighter in color and has no where near as big or as red a comb. I have a younger "salmon faverolle" "roo" hatched from eggs from the same place. He has lighter coloration on his back. I will try to post pictures of him when I can.

He may be a mahogany faverolle roo, but I've never seen one before. I have a mahogany faverolle pullet and her coloring is similar. I can't be sure if it's a roo or not without seeing closer pictures. He looks like he is developing a beard and muffs, sometimes other birds like to pick them off of each other.

Back
Top Bottom