SE Virginia swap April 12 - details and import requirements

PS: Next Swap I'll bring Canada geese, Mallards, More scobies( I sold out on those) More layers, And Quail and Pheasant also plenty of those darn danged Guineas, only a few of you like ;") wich went fast.

Waldo my boys absolutely love their ducks we got from you today. One is named Aflec and the other Mrs.Bigglesworth. Would love to get more from you next time.

I'm very glad they are, they should do very well for you...Good bunch of ducks and chicks, out of the whole trip, only lost one chick, and it was a pheasant. It was fun!

I'm hoping to have more scobies, Runners, Mallards, Sweds, Pekins, Rouens, And Silver penncilled runners! with over 100 ducks and 60 goslings if all goes well.
7-8 breeds of ducks and 4-6 breeds of geese.
and 20 some breeds of chickons!
(My new name for chickens)

Sold the rest of my adult emden pairs, only chinese and toulouse pairs left, with like 60-80 goslings due here soon. worried that they might not be toooooocute by the time of the next swap/sale!

Last edited:
Man I wish I could have gone! Hubby and I had a deal that if it was raining in the morning, we'd go to the swap, if it was sunny, we would work on the coop. The good news is that the coop needs 3 more sheets of siding, and the roof put on! Then the overhang and fencing!

I had a lot of fun meeting so many people today at our first Swap Meet. Margaret from Endless Farm really worked hard to put this event together. She had Dana Miller, D.V.M, Field Veterinarian from the Office of Veternary Services come out and test our birds and provide a lot of great literature for poultry producers. Joe Gray Auction Co in Stony Creek VA was an outstanding host for the event. I'm not sure of the exact total of sellers but there were more than 20 sellers and literally hundreds, and I mean closer to a thousand, birds!

It was sponsored by Endless Farm and Pet Chickens of Virginia but the member of PCOV that did all the work was Margaret. So, she did it all! She did an outstanding job and I know I really appreciate her doing this for all of us. Thanks M!

For those in the area that missed this one you really missed a great meet. There was food, conversation, and lots of chickens. We are already planning the next event for late June and we plan to begin heavy statewide advertising within two weeks.

It was really nice to see BYC'ers at the meet. Whereswaldo, AussieSharon, Mergmet, myself and more. Also, I'm sure BYC has some new members from our meetup...I wrote down the url for quite a few!

Hope to see more BYC'ers at the next event!

Sounds like your first swap was awesome!! I really wish I could have made it down there to this one (we were just toooooo busy to make the drive!), but I will definitely try and make it to the next one. Sounds like it was a good time!

Congrats Margaret, for organizing what was obviously a very succesful event! I hope to meet all of you at the next one.

Maria

Sorry I meant to post more last night but had to get off the computer quickly.

The Meet was absoultey wonderful. It was my first meet and if they are all like this I am hooked. The time and work Margaret put into it was unbelievable. THANK YOU Margaret and I can't wait for the next one. We had a ton of fun and it was great meeting everyone. The hardest part was not coming home with more than I took!

Wyatt and his ducks are doing great. I woke up this AM to him laying on the couch watching tv with both ducks in his lap. Tommy don't worry if they are a bit bigger and not as "cute" at the next meet. I'd still like more and I know you could have sold twice as many yesterday as you had.

Can't wait to do this again. I'm hooked! And a big thank you again to Margaret. Outstanding job!

I still have over 300 chicks and hatching eggs available!

see my post under hatching eggs WILL SHIP

if you couldn't make it and want chicks, pick them up at my house today!

call 757-267-2171

We had a GREAT time. those guineas no one likes? I can't keep them in stock!

M

Back
Top Bottom