Seattle Chicken Processing

kuken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Seattle
Does anyone know of a place around Seattle where I can have my chickens "dispatched" and dressed for the freezer? It's about time for my current girls to make way for a younger generation.

A place I found is:

Lampaert Meats, Inc
17658 W Snoqualmie River Rd NE,
Duvall, WA 98019
425-788-1128

I am not sure that they are taking new clients.

Have you thought about processing them yourself?

I have thought about it, but have no idea how to do it. Are there any really good resources out there for a first timer?

You are a member of the best resource I've found. I am sure there are any number of people in King County that would be willing to show you when they process their own. In Whatcom County, there is a Co-Op that owns the equipment, and you rent it when you process. I will be doing my next batch next week.

There is a group in Snohomish County, I'm not sure where you live...here's a link: http://www.agbizcenter.org/node/38

If you go to the Meat Birds Forum page, there is a sticky at the top ofNotable Threads that has a bunch of threads with great information. The one titled How to Butcher a Chicken (graphic), I think it is the first oneon the list, is a good one with alot of pictures of the process.

Does anyone know of a place around Seattle where I can have my chickens "dispatched" and dressed for the freezer? It's about time for my current girls to make way for a younger generation.
Kuken, did you ever find a butcher that will accept live chickens in Seattle? I have been searching the internet unsuccessfully. . .

How often do you process, LakeBird? My husband and I are thinking about doing a batch of meaties in the spring, and it would be so helpful to go through the first processing day with someone who knows what they're doing!

I just know enough to be dangerous!
cool.png
I learned to process this summer. After the experience, I did more research and have a plan to how I plan to process. I currently have Roo that I need to process and will pick up some meat chickens at a local farm. So in other words, I am flexible as to when I process, unless my Roo starts to crow...

PM if you want to get together.

Back
Top Bottom