Sebastapol Geese/goslings

DuckLover1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 11, 2014
Lewistown Pa
Can anyone tell me the standard measurements for a gosling? What about a full grown gander/goose? This will be my first time owning some and I wanted to make them harnesses before they get here. I'm looking forward to my new babies and its really important that they have them...but since I'm new to the breed I'm not too sure what the standard is? Any and all help is appreciated :)

I've been researching diaper harnesses too. I ended up ordering a Grow With Me and Open Deluxe harness from Party Fowl. I've read only praise about Nettie's diapers. She has a sizing chart for geese by weight and breed. There are some great Y Tube videos she made showing how to properly measure and fit the harness. I like her new open end design which allows the goose to reach its oil gland for preening.

A very nice member, Scovy Momma, sent me the most thorough instructions for how she makes hers. She has step by step instructions with lots of HD photos on how to make a day use and overnight harness. It really is amazing the level of detail she put into this. Send me a pm with your email and I'll forward them to you. I am so with you in that, I want to be well prepared before my little one hatches. Mine is going to be a house goose too. I hope you share lots of stories! :)

Edited to add: I failed to mention Oliver the Sebastapol diapered pet goose! Leesa Beckman would be the most qualified person in telling you about the breed's size and growth. Do an internet search for Oliver pet goose and you'll find her website along with email. She also has some awesome videos of her pet goose engaging in all sorts of antics. Very fun to watch!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom