Sebastapol X Super African??

crj

Songster
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Rocky Point, NC
I posted this question in the breed section but someone said I should ask the question here. I have a 8 month old male Sebastapol that has or is trying to mate with my 6 month old Super African goose. She has started laying eggs and was wondering what kind of gosling would hatch. Here is a picture of the two. Mind you, these pictures were taken earlier this summer and they are bigger now. Also, I don't know if the male has been successful with breeding. He gets on top of the goose and when he gets his groove on he seems to fall off of her. Not sure if anything happened other then cracking me up. He gets high in the air and over he goes.

45848_7-14-2011sb_8.jpg

This is Fred my 8 month old male

45848_10-15-2011g_4.jpg

This is Daffy my 6 month old Super African who really wants to be a Mom

I dont have geese. But my young rouen drake mounted my khaki campbell hens offten, and he ALWAYS fell off
lau.gif
, and I thought they werent fertile, so I put 9 in the bator and 6 developed, and five hatched. Only have four ducklings though... Hope this helps!

Quote:
LOL....... this female goose wants to be a Mom so bad she let my Pekin mount her. I have no idea but do you think I would get a DucGoose?

Quote:
LOL....... this female goose wants to be a Mom so bad she let my Pekin mount her. I have no idea but do you think I would get a DucGoose?

lau.gif
I dont think so. Why diesnt she just sit on her eggs? And she is only 6 months old? My 8 month old.ducks arent even laying
hit.gif
lucky!

Quote:

lau.gif
I dont think so. Why diesnt she just sit on her eggs? And she is only 6 months old? My 8 month old.ducks arent even laying
hit.gif
lucky!

Christmas Eve I had found 4 eggs. I checked on them the day before yesterday and they were gone. She even let me help her look for them. She is sweet. So, I put some duck eggs in the nest last night and set up the game cam. Batteries died
barnie.gif
So I set it up again this morning. I don't no if she laid an egg today or not but she was moving the duck eggs around. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I did manage to rescue 1 goose egg yesterday though.

Well, I rescued a 2nd goose egg. Caught my daughters dog stealing the duck eggs I put in there. So, I'm hoping I solved the problem. I am keeping the camera where it is for now and hoping the goose will continue to lay her eggs in that coop.

My ducks lay eggs everyday but they are a yr old. So your duck falls into the water too??
lau.gif
I wish I had a movie camera so I could put it on Utube.
gig.gif

I'm really curious to know what kind of babies would hatch if and when she sits on her eggs. She's not sitting because she doesn't have enough eggs in the nest. In reality she doesn't have any at the moment. No eggs as of this afternoon. I'm hoping she doesn't change her nesting place. That means I will have to follow her
th.gif
wink.png

Quote:
Well at least you found out who the egg bandit is.. Did he have egg on his face?

No, she had egg at her feet in the driveway which I might add was intact. I did, however, find remnants of a broken egg a foot away from where she was standing.

Quote:
Well at least you found out who the egg bandit is.. Did he have egg on his face?

No, she had egg at her feet in the driveway which I might add was intact. I did, however, find remnants of a broken egg a foot away from where she was standing.

I have caught my dachshunds as they were starting into the coop to help themselves to a fresh egg or 2,
They love fresh eggs. So far I have intervened.

Back
Top Bottom