Sebastian Started Mating with Arwen

Lamar Estate

Songster
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
St. Paul, Minnesota
Hello--

Yesterday I witness Sebastian mate with Arwen. I saw them do this twice.

Sebastian: 1 1/2 years old Sebastopol.
Arwen: 2 1/2 years old Sebastopol.

We live in Minnesota. They are outside during the day and inside the house at night.

Isn't it several months too early for this?

Thanks,
Amanda

no, hormones start rising this time of the year. Some will pre mate earlier than others. Here in FL I will have eggs on ground in January. Most others far north reported eggs in February/March this year.

Hello--

Yesterday I witness Sebastian mate with Arwen. I saw them do this twice.

Sebastian: 1 1/2 years old Sebastopol.
Arwen: 2 1/2 years old Sebastopol.

We live in Minnesota. They are outside during the day and inside the house at night.

Isn't it several months too early for this?

Thanks,
Amanda

Were they mating in the pool? I have been wondering how geese will mate through the winter months when it will be too cold to have water for them to get into.

I was gonna ask the same kinda question..My sebs were mating and as of yesterday she is setting on two eggs...I really thought this was kinda early????My lavenders haveen't even started talking nice to each other....thanks for reading

I have a female right now laying eggs. It is Sarina she has done this every year since she grew up when I purchased her as a gosling. I just grab the eggs up and dispose of them. I do not want her sitting eggs going into winter it is too rough on them to try and hatch goslings in the winter. Plus it runs them down and pull calcium from their bones.
I have to take them away and feed her food with calcium in it.....

They've been mating again today. They are mating on the floor.
In your house, well that has to be interesting, no inhibitions among them is there? lol I was wondering if they would mate on ground since the pool water around here would be frozen.you answered that question.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom