Sebastopol gander

katiekahn2

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2016
My 2 yr old Sebastopol gander has come down with a cough and a bit of a crackel when he breaths. At first we thought he my just have some food stuck but tonight when I picked him up it sounded like we was crackling a bit as he breathes. Would this be a respitory issue? If so what can I give him?

My 2 yr old Sebastopol gander has come down with a cough and a bit of a crackel when he breaths. At first we thought he my just have some food stuck but tonight when I picked him up it sounded like we was crackling a bit as he breathes. Would this be a respitory issue? If so what can I give him?
Welcome to BYC!

Can you take him to a vet? If not, what medications do you have?

-Kathy

I've called a few vets near by and none work on birds:/ I had nothing on hand so I went to our feed store and they suggested tetracycline. I found measurements to mix just a gallon at a time for poultry. So I guess that is what I will try.

I've called a few vets near by and none work on birds:/ I had nothing on hand so I went to our feed store and they suggested tetracycline. I found measurements to mix just a gallon at a time for poultry. So I guess that is what I will try.

Which one did you get? I ask because most sites and posts have the wrong dose. If you have Duramycin 10, the 800 mg dose is 1.5 tablespoons per gallon, it is not 1 tablespoon per gallon.

-Kathy

Please let us know how he is doing. I hope this antibiotic gets him feeling good again..

Thanks! I did 1.5 tablespoon for a gallon.

He's been on it for 24 hrs now, not noticing much difference yet but I will keep you posted.

Thanks! I did 1.5 tablespoon for a gallon.

He's been on it for 24 hrs now, not noticing much difference yet but I will keep you posted.
fl.gif
If you can get hold of some Baytril just in case you need to try a different one.

Back
Top Bottom