Sebastopol geese and children?

Hi...need some help with my adult sebbies. I have two mated pairs. They share an 8 x 10 pen with ducks at night. During the day all birds...chickens ducks and geese ...are let out in the morning into a large fenced paddock to run around feed swim. Lately the geese have been fighting with the sweedish ducks and both the female and male turkeys. I know it's close to mating season for them. I think they think the brown girl turkey is a girl goose. There has been very aggressive fighting ...violent...which is new in the pen...with the turkeys and attacking the male sweedish duck. My thoughts are to put all four geese by themselves in the 8 x 10 pen with a swim bucket and good bowl and keep them There until breeding season is over. Part of me says to keep one pair inside for a bit. Another part says to let the birds work it out. Any thoughts on how to handle the situation without giving away more birds? I rehomed the sweedish created duck gander. Pleassee share you thoughts on this.
@michelle65a Best you can do is remove the geese to their own space till breeding season is over. Geese can kill other birds when in breeding mode. I have to keep mine in separate fenced area once breeding gets started I have seen all 4 surround my Muscovy duck and thankfully I was there to break it up before they hurt her. It's just best for the whole flock of birds to keep the geese separate till breeding season is over.

Back
Top Bottom