Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Cochins:
She may not be ready yet but if she is a female I bet they will resolve their differences in the water;)
Today my gander was acting very amorous with me! I have two ganders and one lady so I need to find a home quick for the spare
1f633.png

Quote:
I'll separate the ducks tomorrow morning.

I didn't have them DNA sexed, but I think I have a pair. She's pure white and she had a dark back when she hatched. Her voice is lower pitched and she has always acted a bit different. My gander has a high pitched voice and always holds his neck high.

I guess I'll let them play it out a bit longer.

Cochins:
She may not be ready yet but if she is a female I bet they will resolve their differences in the water;)
Today my gander was acting very amorous with me! I have two ganders and one lady so I need to find a home quick for the spare
1f633.png

She's older than him by a couple of months. She's almost 1 year old.

I haven't had any pools out lately... They freeze within an hour of being filled and it's too much of a hassle to haul enough water down to fill them. I'll try to get one out there tomorrow.

He has been acting a lot more needy lately. He's always wanting to snuggle and he started grabbing on my jacket. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I wonder...

She's older than him by a couple of months. She's almost 1 year old.

I haven't had any pools out lately... They freeze within an hour of being filled and it's too much of a hassle to haul enough water down to fill them. I'll try to get one out there tomorrow.

He has been acting a lot more needy lately. He's always wanting to snuggle and he started grabbing on my jacket. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I wonder...
Yeah, if you pools are freezing, then it may not be worth putting one out! I also use cement pans from Home depot. They are technically big enough to breed in and only take a couple of 5 gal buckets to fill.
Awww! Poor guy, he is going through teenager hormones!

I'll separate the ducks tomorrow morning.

I didn't have them DNA sexed, but I think I have a pair. She's pure white and she had a dark back when she hatched. Her voice is lower pitched and she has always acted a bit different. My gander has a high pitched voice and always holds his neck high.

I guess I'll let them play it out a bit longer.
It does sound like you have a pair then! Good luck to babies!

Marking my spot here. I will be getting sebbies in a few months and am trying to learn more about them. Any advice is welcome! I have chickens, ducks and rabbits currently so geese are a new adventure!

Quote:
No kidding. He does something different everyday.

Today he sat there hissing at me as I approached and opened the door. Then he laid his head on my lap and waited for me to rub his back. Silly goose.

He's also been very loud. As I was rubbing his back, he started screaming in my ear. He was happy, yet frustrated and anxious at the same time. I sure hope he goes back to his normal self soon.

No kidding. He does something different everyday.

Today he sat there hissing at me as I approached and opened the door. Then he laid his head on my lap and waited for me to rub his back. Silly goose.

He's also been very loud. As I was rubbing his back, he started screaming in my ear. He was happy, yet frustrated and anxious at the same time. I sure hope he goes back to his normal self soon.
Sorry, he wont be back to normal until June/July.

Back
Top Bottom