Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

mine white seb has a clutch of 6 eggs and this time im going to let her hatch them cause I suck
I'm really happy for you!!!! I hope you have good luck with these.

Sage and Vivian are not doing anything yet. Sage and I have come to an agreement; he understands that if he comes after me for a nip, I'm faster than him and can pick him up and hug him. He is so funny.

My young boy is so confused. I hope it's not because I let him imprint on me.

He has started trying to mate me. He's not aggressive, he just seems desperate. Poor boy...

My goose still isn't showing any interest in him. I'm fairly certain she's a girl, but now I'm starting to wonder.

Is it obvious that this is my first spring with geese?
wink.png

My young boy is so confused. I hope it's not because I let him imprint on me.

He has started trying to mate me. He's not aggressive, he just seems desperate. Poor boy...

My goose still isn't showing any interest in him. I'm fairly certain she's a girl, but now I'm starting to wonder.

Is it obvious that this is my first spring with geese?
wink.png
Cochins, don't let your gander try to mate you, I think it is also a domination thing. Hopefully they will find each other soon.

Quote:
Believe me, I push him away every time. I don't allow him to do it.

I don't think he's doing it to show dominance. He whimpers and appears depressed, not aggressive.

I just hope I didn't mess them up in some way by allowing them to imprint. My goose is closer to me than my gander is. Is that why she doesn't show any interest in him? She's rather be with me than him anytime.

Believe me, I push him away every time. I don't allow him to do it.

I don't think he's doing it to show dominance. He whimpers and appears depressed, not aggressive.

I just hope I didn't mess them up in some way by allowing them to imprint. My goose is closer to me than my gander is. Is that why she doesn't show any interest in him? She's rather be with me than him anytime.
I have a pet gander (my first hatch) who imprinted on me too. He was the only one that I hatched that first year. I raised him with a duckling, but he loved me! He did that to my foot too the first year he was 1. He stopped after a while. He has never shown interest in breeding my girls. He is just a pet. Good luck with yours!

I have a pet gander (my first hatch) who imprinted on me too. He was the only one that I hatched that first year. I raised him with a duckling, but he loved me! He did that to my foot too the first year he was 1. He stopped after a while. He has never shown interest in breeding my girls. He is just a pet. Good luck with yours!

Perhaps that's how these 2 with turn out. They weren't raised together. My goose was hatched late February of last year and was raised with a duckling. My gander was hatched early June and he was raised alone.

I love these 2 and I'll never give them up, but I'll be sure to remember this for any future goslings.

Perhaps that's how these 2 with turn out. They weren't raised together. My goose was hatched late February of last year and was raised with a duckling. My gander was hatched early June and he was raised alone.

I love these 2 and I'll never give them up, but I'll be sure to remember this for any future goslings.
There is a fine line between handing them enough to be friendly, but not enough to imprint. Usually I have multiples hatching now and they seem to imprint on each other or something and not me. I am glad you are happy with them anyway!

Thank you Cottage. I did try that and Foxfire is where I sit anyway. So far it is working but of course now I hardly have time to sit like this. The geese are enjoying their fresh food and grains. I found out that they like boiled eggs by accident. I threw some extra hay in the pens today after hearing that another Maine Seb keeper has seen a few eggs. I hope it will inspire them. Of course... they will start laying and I will regret it because then I will stress and worry over every darn egg. :)

Awww, snow blowing paths for the lovelies!!

Drooling over these, I am so in love with saddlebacks.....
love.gif

lau.gif

Vicky my dear it is 2014 I know I am still in 2013 when writing checks!
frow.gif

Oh this is good to know, I have always raised goslings in groups and they always bond to each other so I have never had this problem!

Back
Top Bottom