Sebastopol Goose

Allisonmarie18

Hatching
May 10, 2021
Hi everyone! I’m getting 5 7 week old Sebastopol Geese tomorrow. I don’t think they are super friendly right now. The lady is older and says they are not aggressive at all but kinda just do their own thing. Is it too late to make them sweet? I was really wanting pets that will eat from out hand and come up to us? Also what is the best way to socialize them more? Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! I’m getting 5 7 week old Sebastopol Geese tomorrow. I don’t think they are super friendly right now. The lady is older and says they are not aggressive at all but kinda just do their own thing. Is it too late to make them sweet? I was really wanting pets that will eat from out hand and come up to us? Also what is the best way to socialize them more? Thanks so much!
How many are you getting? I would say you should have a minimum of 3 geese in your flock. Once your geese become used to you they may be still somewhat scared of you unfortunately

I’m getting 5. They are 7 weeks old. She isn’t sure if they are males or females. I just hope they aren’t aggressive. Do you have any experience with that breed

I’m getting 5. They are 7 weeks old. She isn’t sure if they are males or females. I just hope they aren’t aggressive. Do you have any experience with that breed
Not yet but one of my friends said that she had. She told me that they may be still scared of you even after a few months but I think that's only for her geese my geese are Embden and Toulouse (mix of ganders and dames) and I got them around when you got yours but that was over 5 months ago and they seem fine. I guess they are pretty scared of her because she doesn't interact with them much.

Back
Top Bottom