Sebright breeding?

quailresearcher

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 17, 2013
I have a golden sebright rooster and silver seabright hen. Both are one year so I know they are producing. My question is would they make a good mixture? they are both seabrights but I don't know if the color matters.

I have a golden sebright rooster and silver seabright hen. Both are one year so I know they are producing. My question is would they make a good mixture? they are both seabrights but I don't know if the color matters.
It'd create sexlinked birds for the first generation. The pullets would all be Golden, the cockerels would all be Silver (albeit split to gold so they would be very brassy)

Ok thank you for letting me know. If I added a silver with the sexlinked silver rooster would it make silver or gold seabrights?

Ok thank you for letting me know. If I added a silver with the sexlinked silver rooster would it make silver or gold seabrights?

If you bred the split Silver cockerel back to the pure Silver hen, you should get all Silver pullets and 50% of the cockerels will be Silver and 50% would be split.

This all happens because females can only carry either gold or silver, while the males carry two copies of either silver or gold (or obviously one of each).

Back
Top Bottom