**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Picking up my 12 welsummer eggs today!!

I have to drive an hour each way to get them, and it's miserable outside... but it's worth it for more chicken babies, right?!

I tried to get a dozen GLWs from her too but she wouldn't spare any of those eggs since she sells chicks usually rather than fertile eggs.

Picking up my 12 welsummer eggs today!!

I have to drive an hour each way to get them, and it's miserable outside... but it's worth it for more chicken babies, right?!

I tried to get a dozen GLWs from her too but she wouldn't spare any of those eggs since she sells chicks usually rather than fertile eggs.

So just buy chicks, then! GLW are worth it!

The 2nd Flarry Eye is out. She pipped at 9pm & was out by 10:30. I couldn't believe it!

Warming up the brooder box now.

Last edited:
Set my new wyandotte eggs (black/blue/splash) last night after candling the eggs already in there. I was going to wait but I didn't want those new eggs sitting out for much longer. Didn't see much candling. Actually, I saw nothing in my turkey eggs and darker brown "mystery breed" eggs. Saw veins in most of the BLRWs though so that's good. Really pleased that they seem ok despite the temp problems in the beginning.

So... Here's my new count:
15 turkeys (6 gold palm, 9 blue slate/black spanish)
26 chickens (3 mystery, 11 BLRW, 12 BBSW)

I am so excited about all of these wyandottes. I already have GLW and SLW. Hubby is going to be busy building me some breeding pens, but he seems to get more and more excited about the chickens. He's super excited for turkeys... Now to get him to agree to ducks...and peas...and guineas...and emu...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom