**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

I've never had the pleasure of a stinky egg in my bator. I think I need to hatch more.

I don't want to miss out, you know?

Oh and my eggs are STILL IN DC. I hope they get the good tour.

Should just have a friend go pick them up and drive them up here. Sheesh.
Give me your address and I will help you out by sending you the egg shell and the paper towels I used to clean it up with.
big_smile.png

th

Second Annual Cinco De Mayo Turkey Hatch a long Digest 4-19-2013

….It turns out the special shipment was not an egg bomb. It was a Straight Jacked Delivery! Greyes will post pictures. The pictures were very slow in coming—probably due to the Duck pond being filled. We need pictures of that too.

Cuppycake is going for an egg Bomb! She does not want to know what is coming—It is a plan to keep DH happy….
hide.gif

Debs_flock has turkeys hatching!
fl.gif

Emus were back on the table again. Emu trading and exchange rates…eggs being decorated and of course being used as egg bombs. SCG thought she was safe but soon learned that Emu eggs will fit in a Brinsea 20 eco and old LG incubators are perfect for hatching emus.
thumbsup.gif

SilkieSensation is getting a cabinet incubator that already has racks for emus….yinepu said to save the racks, they were going to be needed….
lau.gif

DURR asked for an egg bomb by the 30th…Is this serious? Never joke about wanting to be egg bombed….

Razadia can only fit 60 eggs into her hovabator. I wonder how may Emu eggs fit….Later we learn that the brooder is cleaned and ready….
thumbsup.gif

HEChicken has some eggs under a broody and is resisting checking on it.
pop.gif

Ouch! My eyes! There is that naked chicken picture again….

Hurley had a bunch hatch and has a bunch cooking. Spring is on the inside but not on the outside at her place. Mother Nature sure does some funny things now and then…..

NotAFarm said thank you for the daily digests and then wished us a good night? Coincidence?

Wildriverswolf90 is sad—her incubator is empty. Luckily Wolf Tracks will fill it for her!
highfive.gif

Tammy N reminded us that bras can be used as incubators!

Ynepu, who Is not an Emu Enabler, explained a cooling method for Duck Eggs. SilkieSensation explained another method of incubating Ducks. Yinepu has them develop on the kitchen counter In the summer.
tongue.gif

Dsqard still has 23 of 25 Turkeys developing. I think DH is worried.
hide.gif

Cmfarm had duck hatching questions—eggtopsy showed shrink wrapped chicks.
hugs.gif

Cuppycake posted a new Chicken Borg picture!
gig.gif

Silkiesensation is looking for Guinea eggs. Uphiljill will follow hers around and will get some out to SilkieSensation if some are found. Uphillill bought a 50 egg incubator but only has 27 eggs to set. Egg Bomb time? Cuppycake offered to send some.
highfive.gif

Karimw posted some Pictures! Dsqard posted and amazing picture!

Tazcat70 will put more egg in the bator later.
woot.gif

Wolftracks is recovering from falling. She is getting better! There was discussion maybe a bit of a comptetion to see who was clumsier. Broken toes were mentioned.
hugs.gif

Mstricer had an egg explode in the incubator! A stinky mess that smells like death!
sickbyc.gif
Get me some Oxyne to clean that bator!(Is the poetry competition over?)
The stench was so foul the dog even ran for the door!
sickbyc.gif

TGIF

th

I've never had the pleasure of a stinky egg in my bator. I think I need to hatch more.

I don't want to miss out, you know?

Oh and my eggs are STILL IN DC. I hope they get the good tour.

Should just have a friend go pick them up and drive them up here. Sheesh.
I sent a shipment out on a tuesday and they traveled up and down California several times. Finally got to her the following tuesday. She's like IDK...3 hours away!

Quote: I say you keep the three together and buy 6 more eggs and split the four that hatch, which is still uneven, so, you buy 12 more eggs and split the 9 that hatch, which is still not even, so, you buy.......kinda like the unfilled incubator and hotdog/bun situation mentioned earlier.........and the song that doesn't end, Yes, it goes on and on my friend. Some people started......
lol.png

sorry, I just had to do it.

yes, you need to order 2 dozen eggs.. when they send extras (that won't fit) you will need a new bator.. naturally you can't incubate just a few eggs in it.. so you'll have to order at least 4 dozen... and with extras you will need a fourth bator... naturally you can't just leave it with only a few eggs... so you'll have to order more

yes.. this is the hotdog and bun scenario.. there's never enough of one or the other.. so you must continue to buy them until it balances out... which in chicken math that = never!

That's not chicken math. That's chicken calculus. And you're good! NotaFarm too. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom