**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Was he early? How long did you wait before making a hole? I don't help until they've pipped and not progressed at all for 24 hours.

He was on day 24, lockdown took amd candled them before setting them outside of the turner and he had pipped internally. Not sure how long he was thay way but it looked as if there was fluid in the aircell before i made a hole. Just wanted to be sure there wasn't. And it was dry. The air cells are huge due to saddling from shipping. And the others look the same way but not pipped all dark up around the air cell and clear near the little end. So i'm not sure if they are dead or not. :sigh: I think I'll just stick to chickens. :/

I'm kinda late to the party but I'll play.....
wink.png

I had horses when I was younger and wanted some. My DH was born and raised in a Chicago suburb and wasn't/isn't into farm animals of any kind. We were looking for land west of the suburbs. We "compromised" on land that "allowed" horses but not other "livestock". (Picture farm fields as far as the eye can see and in the middle a 100 acre timber/woodlot that belonged to a farmer whose family sold the property to a group that divided the land into 5 acre parcels and sold them). I got and had my horses for five years when I realized, I was not as young as I used to be, and having horses in Illinois winters was not as fun as horses in warmer climates, and I had to haul my horses to ride with anyone since no one around me had them. I found a good home for them with a family that had two young daughter that were interested in 4-H. I had been wanting laying hens for quite some time but my DH reminded me that "This is NOT A FARM".........but even suburbanites are allowed a small laying flock, I say!
This still "NotAFarm", but a flock of 25 (four roosters) chickens wintered here last year and I have +- 35 chicks on the ground and turkey eggs in the incubator......may not be farm but I'm working on it!
lau.gif

On one of the threads I remember someone works as a Vet Tech... Anyone know who it was? or if it is you... pm me please!!

Also a question for all the duck people.. when you hatch ducks do you leave the eggs upright or lay them on their sides at lockdown???

My little turkey poult is still trying to absorb the little bit of the yolk let and got to say it is strong little burger, when do they get that little knob on their heads, this one doesn't seem to have one. On another note dumba** me was going down the steps and I left my boots at the bottom and I rolled my da** ankle and it is the size of a softball, I deciding whether or not I should go get it checked out, I will if my daughters water is leaking for real and she didn't just pee herself, then I can I have it checked out while we wait for our little Lola to be born.
oh Mich!

I'm kinda late to the party but I'll play.....
wink.png

I had horses when I was younger and wanted some. My DH was born and raised in a Chicago suburb and wasn't/isn't into farm animals of any kind. We were looking for land west of the suburbs. We "compromised" on land that "allowed" horses but not other "livestock". (Picture farm fields as far as the eye can see and in the middle a 100 acre timber/woodlot that belonged to a farmer whose family sold the property to a group that divided the land into 5 acre parcels and sold them). I got and had my horses for five years when I realized, I was not as young as I used to be, and having horses in Illinois winters was not as fun as horses in warmer climates, and I had to haul my horses to ride with anyone since no one around me had them. I found a good home for them with a family that had two young daughter that were interested in 4-H. I had been wanting laying hens for quite some time but my DH reminded me that "This is NOT A FARM".........but even suburbanites are allowed a small laying flock, I say!
This still "NotAFarm", but a flock of 25 (four roosters) chickens wintered here last year and I have +- 35 chicks on the ground and turkey eggs in the incubator......may not be farm but I'm working on it!
lau.gif
awesome story too!!
highfive.gif
NOTAFARMS ROCK!

OK Question
If we do have a Poultry in Action Video can we have a Disclaimer ? ONE like Not for children under 18 or adults that are not getting any ?

Patrone really only gets up to get up if you know what i mean ..... Other then eating ,drinking and breeding hes resting

I have a question for you all

I was just candling my eggs, and was looking at my eggs that are going into lockdown this fri. I just notice on one of my Marans eggs that the aircell is on the bottom pointy end of the egg and also to top that off the shell is cracked on the pointy end also. I dont know what to do. The egg looks really dark so I dont know if a chick is developing or if it is filling with bacteria and is a ticking egg bomb. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions.

OK Question
If we do have a Poultry in Action Video can we have a Disclaimer ? ONE like Not for children under 18 or adults that are not getting any ?

Patrone really only gets up to get up if you know what i mean ..... Other then eating ,drinking and breeding hes resting
I would do a disclaimer definitely. But me being slightly electronics challenged lol I opt for a poultry in action pic contest. Or maybe we can do both contests
big_smile.png
Ive messaged chookschick to see about starting up the pic contest already to see how to get it started.

Last edited:
I kept my maiden name-- creates lots of confusion at school for my kids who have my DH name. Well my kids are not confused, the school is. I'm learning there are school issues that can arise when mom doesn't have the same name as her kids.
barnie.gif
Family is identified by name not legal relationship.
th.gif

I kept my maiden name when I married some 25 yrs ago because I liked it and many many women I knew were woman who earned their doctorates and kept the name they earned it under. ( Sorry for weird word choices. LOL) High number of PhD's. Some answer to 2 names. MRs Mariied Name and Dr. Maiden NAme.

I run into the same thing. Professionally and as my name on the internet, it's Hurley. Legally added hubby's name to mine so my name legally matches my kids' last names, more for not having to go through the issues with schools, but other than that and the mortgage, bank, social security card, it's just Hurley.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom