**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

On one of the threads I remember someone works as a Vet Tech... Anyone know who it was? or if it is you... pm me please!!

Also a question for all the duck people.. when you hatch ducks do you leave the eggs upright or lay them on their sides at lockdown???

I've hatched both ways. I don't see a difference. My preferred method is facing up... as you can see my incubators usually have a space issue.

User name? The creek beside the house I grew up in and now live in.

I'm a he, if it matters.
You were one of the ones that I was confused about a few months back. One day you talked about your DW and cleared it up for me.
big_smile.png

Quote: Added! Thx for the suggestion
clap.gif

I don't know how to do it. I keep wanting the Pa map in mine, but don't have a clue
hu.gif
. (I want the map more for myself, I always have to go to Missy or Sally's posts to get it)

My little turkey poult is still trying to absorb the little bit of the yolk let and got to say it is strong little burger, when do they get that little knob on their heads, this one doesn't seem to have one. On another note dumba** me was going down the steps and I left my boots at the bottom and I rolled my da** ankle and it is the size of a softball, I deciding whether or not I should go get it checked out, I will if my daughters water is leaking for real and she didn't just pee herself, then I can I have it checked out while we wait for our little Lola to be born.
Oh, that's awful!! My vote is, GET IT CHECKED!!!! Your daughter is gonna need you when Grandbaby comes!
hugs.gif

I'm kinda late to the party but I'll play.....
wink.png

I had horses when I was younger and wanted some. My DH was born and raised in a Chicago suburb and wasn't/isn't into farm animals of any kind. We were looking for land west of the suburbs. We "compromised" on land that "allowed" horses but not other "livestock". (Picture farm fields as far as the eye can see and in the middle a 100 acre timber/woodlot that belonged to a farmer whose family sold the property to a group that divided the land into 5 acre parcels and sold them). I got and had my horses for five years when I realized, I was not as young as I used to be, and having horses in Illinois winters was not as fun as horses in warmer climates, and I had to haul my horses to ride with anyone since no one around me had them. I found a good home for them with a family that had two young daughter that were interested in 4-H. I had been wanting laying hens for quite some time but my DH reminded me that "This is NOT A FARM".........but even suburbanites are allowed a small laying flock, I say!
This still "NotAFarm", but a flock of 25 (four roosters) chickens wintered here last year and I have +- 35 chicks on the ground and turkey eggs in the incubator......may not be farm but I'm working on it!
lau.gif
I Love this story, and Love your Sign!!!

th

Second Annual Cinco De Mayo Turkey Hatch a long Digest 4-23-2013

Wildriverswolf90 posted a picture of a huge triple yolked egg! Chicken pickin posted a picture of a huge single yolked egg!
th.gif

Pbjls joined us and is hatching Hundreds of Turkeys this Spring!

SilkieSensation has bartered for a trio of Turkeys and things to take care of them!
thumbsup.gif

Razadia checked in—Sleepy, hungry, sleeping and candled then sleeping again….All is well with her and the pregnancy!

CayuseRanch has eggs from Arielle doing awesome! Has amazing hatched in the Brinsea!
highfive.gif

Thebirdguy has others getting better hatches than him with his eggs….

Chicken pickin wants to host a new contest. Watch for details.
thumbsup.gif

ThaiDye gave the sick Rooster a shot of Tylan—the comb is black but he is still going. A Flarry Eye chick died and now there is only one left—needs a friend..
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Cmfarm is frustrated with CL people—say they will come buy something and not show up…
rant.gif

Sally Sunshine wished us a good morning! And asked when lockdown was.
lau.gif

Sally Sunshine asked how we picked our screen name: Sally worked in the Sunshine; Gardeningmama is and internet Newb and loves to garden; chicken pickin used to troll the feed stores for years each spring going chickin pickin but did not pick any until last year; Cayuse Ranch is the Indian name for Mustang Ranch, which is a brothel in Nevada; chickenpooplady got hers from cleaning poop from the Garage floor; dsqard is DiDi or D squared; ThaiDye was their first cockatiel; Mstricer is from married name mashed up! Pele is from a Greek Goddess; Quirky Sue came from Curly Sue being taken; pbjls is initials plus loves S; wildriverswolf90 is a Native American name; ceocka is initials of self and children; Thebirdguy has been called that since the 80’s; It’s just coldupnorth; Razadia is a Character in a Story she is writing; uhilljill lives up a Hill in a Net Zero house; SCG is a Pharmacy super hero; chiques chicks is from a creek beside the house; NotAFarm lives on a place that is not supposed to have Animals—so it is Not A Farm but there are many Animals there; Hurley is a last name;
clap.gif

CayuseRanch asked for hatch problem help. There was a lot of discussion about Humidity causing the problems.
hu.gif

Ynepu explained that high humidity can kill chicks with CO2 and make it look like the drowned.
highfive.gif

Uphilljill candled last night and has 36 still going for Turkey and Rock eggs. It is too early to tell for27 Wyandotte and Buckeye eggs.
thumbsup.gif

Mstricer helped a poult out and needs to find a friend for it. Later posted that Muscovy and a regular(Mallard based?) Duck results if infertile offspring and also posted a link to a video: Secret Life of chickens.

Wildriverswolf90 shared a funny!
gig.gif

Razadia feeds none fried table scraps to the Animals and it helps with the feed bill. She shared a picture of a grow out pen.
thumbsup.gif

Yinepu: incubating egg change color because calcium is used by the embryo!

Durr had the first Duckie come out and die….
hugs.gif

Unitl tommorrow....

th

Second Annual Cinco De Mayo Turkey Hatch a long Digest 4-23-2013

Wildriverswolf90 posted a picture of a huge triple yolked egg! Chicken pickin posted a picture of a huge single yolked egg!
th.gif

Pbjls joined us and is hatching Hundreds of Turkeys this Spring!

SilkieSensation has bartered for a trio of Turkeys and things to take care of them!
thumbsup.gif

Razadia checked in—Sleepy, hungry, sleeping and candled then sleeping again….All is well with her and the pregnancy!

CayuseRanch has eggs from Arielle doing awesome! Has amazing hatched in the Brinsea!
highfive.gif

Thebirdguy has others getting better hatches than him with his eggs….

Chicken pickin wants to host a new contest. Watch for details.
thumbsup.gif

ThaiDye gave the sick Rooster a shot of Tylan—the comb is black but he is still going. A Flarry Eye chick died and now there is only one left—needs a friend..
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Cmfarm is frustrated with CL people—say they will come buy something and not show up…
rant.gif

Sally Sunshine wished us a good morning! And asked when lockdown was.
lau.gif

Sally Sunshine asked how we picked our screen name: Sally worked in the Sunshine; Gardeningmama is and internet Newb and loves to garden; chicken pickin used to troll the feed stores for years each spring going chickin pickin but did not pick any until last year; Cayuse Ranch is the Indian name for Mustang Ranch, which is a brothel in Nevada; chickenpooplady got hers from cleaning poop from the Garage floor; dsqard is DiDi or D squared; ThaiDye was their first cockatiel; Mstricer is from married name mashed up! Pele is from a Greek Goddess; Quirky Sue came from Curly Sue being taken; pbjls is initials plus loves S; wildriverswolf90 is a Native American name; ceocka is initials of self and children; Thebirdguy has been called that since the 80’s; It’s just coldupnorth; Razadia is a Character in a Story she is writing; uhilljill lives up a Hill in a Net Zero house; SCG is a Pharmacy super hero; chiques chicks is from a creek beside the house; NotAFarm lives on a place that is not supposed to have Animals—so it is Not A Farm but there are many Animals there; Hurley is a last name;
clap.gif

CayuseRanch asked for hatch problem help. There was a lot of discussion about Humidity causing the problems.
hu.gif

Ynepu explained that high humidity can kill chicks with CO2 and make it look like the drowned.
highfive.gif

Uphilljill candled last night and has 36 still going for Turkey and Rock eggs. It is too early to tell for27 Wyandotte and Buckeye eggs.
thumbsup.gif

Mstricer helped a poult out and needs to find a friend for it. Later posted that Muscovy and a regular(Mallard based?) Duck results if infertile offspring and also posted a link to a video: Secret Life of chickens.

Wildriverswolf90 shared a funny!
gig.gif

Razadia feeds none fried table scraps to the Animals and it helps with the feed bill. She shared a picture of a grow out pen.
thumbsup.gif

Yinepu: incubating egg change color because calcium is used by the embryo!

Durr had the first Duckie come out and die….
hugs.gif

Unitl tommorrow....

Awesome Job Ron!! You got all of the names too, that was a task in itself!
thumbsup.gif

As for my screen name, I was in a melancholy funk about the same time we got internet access for the first time (in 1997.) I was going to set up my first e-mail account and was trying to think of something that described me, generally. At that time, I was lamenting some decisions that I felt had negatively impacted my life, and grieving a lost love. You know, the "If-I-had-it-all-to-do-over-again" regrets that sometimes come in your thirties. I was thinking that I wished I had done some things differently. Well, 'Wishuponastar' was too long, and just 'Wisher' was already taken. I was given the option of adding random numbers, so I settled on Wisher1000 because I thought it would be easy to remember and to type. Since then, I have gotten over my melancholy and most of my regrets, but have come to embrace the screen name and to use it all over the net.

BTW, for those of you that pray, send one up for me. I'm having some tests run tomorrow and hope that the results will be good.

I have chicks running out of my ears, not that I'm complaining. I have 3 six week olds, 20 two week olds, and 15 day olds under a broody (with four more eggs under there, too!) Then, there are the 15 turkey eggs, 2 duck eggs, 1 banty egg, and the 21 or so tutor eggs that are developing in the bator on day 18, and day 12.

I think I will be selling some chicks, for the first time.

The turkey coop is finished & ready for it's new residents tomorrow. All it still needs is a tree branch for a roost & a latch on the coop door (JJ's job for tomorrow) & bedding put down on the floor.

Awesome Job Ron!! You got all of the names too, that was a task in itself!
thumbsup.gif

I hope I did that part correctly. I am sure to hear about it if I messed it up too badly!

It was great hearing the stories! I usually get by with using ronottman. There was a ronott at some place I was setting up a username for so I added the 1.

Ottman is a fairly rare name. Odd for a family that has been in the US since 1720.....

As for my screen name, I was in a melancholy funk about the same time we got internet access for the first time (in 1997.) I was going to set up my first e-mail account and was trying to think of something that described me, generally. At that time, I was lamenting some decisions that I felt had negatively impacted my life, and grieving a lost love. You know, the "If-I-had-it-all-to-do-over-again" regrets that sometimes come in your thirties. I was thinking that I wished I had done some things differently. Well, 'Wishuponastar' was too long, and just 'Wisher' was already taken. I was given the option of adding random numbers, so I settled on Wisher1000 because I thought it would be easy to remember and to type. Since then, I have gotten over my melancholy and most of my regrets, but have come to embrace the screen name and to use it all over the net.

BTW, for those of you that pray, send one up for me. I'm having some tests run tomorrow and hope that the results will be good.

I have chicks running out of my ears, not that I'm complaining. I have 3 six week olds, 20 two week olds, and 15 day olds under a broody (with four more eggs under there, too!) Then, there are the 15 turkey eggs, 2 duck eggs, 1 banty egg, and the 21 or so tutor eggs that are developing in the bator on day 18, and day 12.

I think I will be selling some chicks, for the first time.
Praying for you.

Back
Top Bottom