**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

empty
wee.gif

So far my hatch of the 318 eggs is going great. Lots have hatch and still more to go. I don't understand now big hatcheries do it though. The chicks started hatching early yesterday and lots are still hatching now. How do they ship out so many at the same time if they don't all hatch at the same time?

I have about 5 going in lockdown today (mixed banty chicks) & 4 pekin ducks trying to hatch right now. Then scattered over the next wee & a half are pekins, runners, calls, toulouse, silkies, oegb, bantam orps, & rouens. Arriving to be set next week are guineas, quail, anconas, runners, silkies, cayaugas, & maybe scovies, welshies, turkeys & sebbies. Plus I'll set whatever of my own goose & turkey eggs I get to check fertility. Looks like another bator is in order since mine are all full.

OH, and anyone wanting runner, pekin, EE/layer LF, EE bantam or coturnix PM me & we can either swap or you can buy at discount. I'm DROWNING IN EGGS AGAIN!!!!

So far my hatch of the 318 eggs is going great. Lots have hatch and still more to go. I don't understand now big hatcheries do it though. The chicks started hatching early yesterday and lots are still hatching now. How do they ship out so many at the same time if they don't all hatch at the same time?
They pull them in batches & fill orders as they hatch. I think they go in every couple hours to pull whatever is hatched.

And OF COURSE you may come see it! Just warn me a couple days ahead of time so I can clean my house......
hmm.png

Linda, I would LOVE to come and see it in person.......................and you could be a hoarder and I wouldn't blink. I have fairly long legs, I can step over anything, LOL.

I'll figure out a good date range and PM you. My waterfowl population is rapidly increasing.

My little turkey died
hit.gif
Probably my fault as I didn't check on him since it was eating and drinking with some other chicks. I think it got stuck between wall of brooder and eco-glo This is the second time it's happened
hugs.gif
I am so sorry your turkey got stuck. I have an eco-glo too, and always wondered if that could happen. Would you be willing to share how you think it happened and what your set up is?

Do you have the 20 or 50? I would hate to have that happen, it would be so sad. If you can share what happened maybe I can learn from it.

Back
Top Bottom