**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

We have a winner for the Clothe Arielle Contest!

Here are my last two submissions from my own photography collection:

#2 Robin's nest

Congrats to NotAFarm! Your beautiful Robins Nest is the Winner! Please PM me with an address and I will get your Spot Check Thermometer on the way!

Thank You Arielle for your participation and judging! For you I selected this retro sign! Please PM me your address and I will get it on the way to you!

So, I haven't been on at all today. They turned our power off around 8:30 to 9 this morning, which forced me to get out of bed before I could really wake up. I freaked out and cried a bit and then hiked my butt over to me friend's house to ask her if I could bring the incubator over until we could get it back on. Power is back on and incubator is home.

The temp in the bator didn't get below 80 before it was plugged back in, so I know my eggs are fine. I really did not want to lose them and had a moment. At least I thought to take them to my friend's house. She saved my day and my hatch.

So, I haven't been on at all today. They turned our power off around 8:30 to 9 this morning, which forced me to get out of bed before I could really wake up. I freaked out and cried a bit and then hiked my butt over to me friend's house to ask her if I could bring the incubator over until we could get it back on. Power is back on and incubator is home.

The temp in the bator didn't get below 80 before it was plugged back in, so I know my eggs are fine. I really did not want to lose them and had a moment. At least I thought to take them to my friend's house. She saved my day and my hatch.
Razadia, that sounds like way to stressful of a start to your day! I hope the rest goes better. It's great that you saved the eggs and I hope you get a chance to kick back and do something more relaxing for the rest of the day.

Hola, ALL!

Sorry I've been MIA, but I was super sick, got better, wasn't really, sick, sorta better, sorta better, sick, sorta better, mildly normal. I've been trying to figure out what the heck is wrong, because this isn't your normal stomach bug.

Worshipping the porcelain deity shouldn't be so prolonged...

Anyway, I have chicks hatching and will be drowning in them soon. Several will go into a box to ship out to Shawn, but I'm going to have a bunch to raise up.

I have 28 turkeys still cooking. I'm wondering what the heck I was thinking with so many set!?!? What will I do with them?

I spread 7 bales of straw throughout my facility (22 coops/runs ATM) to help with the unbearable mud throughout. It's rather tragic...when you start out with lush prairie grass (in clay on a hill) in your run which has been there since the beginning of time, then add poultry who have a voracious appetite for plant growth, then add a horrific drought that causes the roots of said prairie to evaporate...you get pavement. Clay + dead grass roots = bricks. Now I'm adding straw, so I have to do whatever I can to make certain something is growing in the soil despite the strikes against it. I bought one of those big bags Honey Hole seeds at the farm store and I have scattered it abundantly...as well as wheat and oats and plugs of grass from the surrounding prairie (big bluestem, etc.) I'll have to put in some goldenrod, liatris, sunflower, brown-eyed Susans, roses, and a few other things that are more native and able to survive.

Unfortunately, the well water is ruined. It's as though it's pure septic tank. I can't bear to haul water to the degree I had to do it last year and I'm not really prepared to do it again. I'm tired.

I've decided that my human chicks need me more right now than I have had time to give them, and I'm going to be cutting back- WAY back on my breeds, projects, etc. In the next week or so I'll be posting some of my flocks for sale. If anyone is interested in something in particular, please PM me and let me know. I'll be selling most in pairs to prevent me from being piled with lonely roos.

I'll be posting auctions for the adults over the next couple of days, I think, once I've decided who I'll keep. It's not forever, just a few more years until I'm done brooding my girls. I only have a few left with them. :)

Hola, ALL!

Sorry I've been MIA, but I was super sick, got better, wasn't really, sick, sorta better, sorta better, sick, sorta better, mildly normal. I've been trying to figure out what the heck is wrong, because this isn't your normal stomach bug.

Anyway, I have chicks hatching and will be drowning in them soon. Several will go into a box to ship out to Shawn, but I'm going to have a bunch to raise up.

I have 28 turkeys still cooking. I'm wondering what the heck I was thinking with so many set!?!? What will I do with them?

I spread 7 bales of straw throughout my facility (22 coops/runs ATM) to help with the unbearable mud throughout. It's rather tragic...when you start out with lush prairie grass (in clay on a hill) in your run which has been there since the beginning of time, then add poultry who have a voracious appetite for plant growth, then add a horrific drought that causes the roots of said prairie to evaporate...you get pavement. Clay + dead grass roots = bricks. Now I'm adding straw, so I have to do whatever I can to make certain something is growing in the soil despite the strikes against it. I bought one of those big bags Honey Hole seeds at the farm store and I have scattered it abundantly...as well as wheat and oats and plugs of grass from the surrounding prairie (big bluestem, etc.) I'll have to put in some goldenrod, liatris, sunflower, brown-eyed Susans, roses, and a few other things that are more native and able to survive.

Unfortunately, the well water is ruined. It's as though it's pure septic tank. I can't bear to haul water to the degree I had to do it last year and I'm not really prepared to do it again. I'm tired.

I've decided that my human chicks need me more right now than I have had time to give them, and I'm going to be cutting back- WAY back on my breeds, projects, etc. In the next week or so I'll be posting some of my flocks for sale. If anyone is interested in something in particular, please PM me and let me know. I'll be selling most in pairs to prevent me from being piled with lonely roos.

I'll be posting auctions for the adults over the next couple of days, I think, once I've decided who I'll keep. It's not forever, just a few more years until I'm done brooding my girls. I only have a few left with them. :)
I know the feeling, I too am downsizing, and then I buy more eggs. But I think I got it close to what I want to breed, I was looking at the Silkied AM ad is shipping included. I hatch some nice BBS Silkied AM's at easter and then again a few weeks after.

Hola, ALL!

I am sure the girls are thrilled! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Back
Top Bottom