**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Either you calculated days wrong, temps were high, or someone sat on those for a while before you found them.

I'm not sure what is going on with them. I know I picked them up on a Wednesday and didn't get home until late. I took them out of the back of the truck the next day (along with all the chicken eggs that just hatched on time). I didn't end up doing anything with them that day and finally got them into the incubator that Friday. I origanlly had almost 7 dozen eggs so I don't know how all of them could have been sat on. None of the Turkeys have pipped yet and they were set the same day (I do see some of them pushing on the air cells but no internal pips yet). Very strange.

Well, I had four Swedish Flier Hens hatch. Two more pipped, but died, and one never pipped. Time torecheck temperature and maybe add even more ventilation before next week! It is almost impossible to add more humidity, I have so much water surface area now

SilkieSensation, it's most likely my error, since I have two more pips this morning. The first little bugger finished hatching at 6am with a little help. I normally don't help, but I noticed that he pipped at the wrong end of the egg, and had completed his zip, but it was too narrow for him to get leverage to push the cap off.

It was funny to watch him come out butt-first though :p. I think turning the eggs till hatch disoriented them, because I have another pip at the wrong end. Ack, these turkeys are going to be the death of me!
Quite possible. If they are kept moving the entire time it's hard for them to tell which way is up when they are ready to come out.

Quote: Could be the turkeys were stored somewhere a bit warmer or they may just be more sensitive to temp variations than the chicks were.

Well, I had four Swedish Flier Hens hatch. Two more pipped, but died, and one never pipped. Time torecheck temperature and maybe add even more ventilation before next week! It is almost impossible to add more humidity, I have so much water surface area now
Maybe humidity is TOO high then
idunno.gif

Alright, I set up a webcam because I hate missing hatches while at work. If you guys want to watch it too, it's on www.Ustream.com under the account name Peledreamsofrain.

Last edited:
My neighbor's chick has wry neck. I have her in a teacup (that's what I call her), and I give her vitamin/electrolyte water every few hours. Going to scramble some eggs for her breakfast. What else can I do?

Well...one of my meaties died unexpectedly...and I candled last night because we had a temp spike and it looks like I'll be lucky if I get 6 ducklings now. :( I have the new bator though now, so I'm hoping the rest will hatch, and then I'll put anoher batch of eggs in.

Back
Top Bottom