**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

After the much awaited event, I had a turkey, a duck and a baby hatch all on the same day.
woot.gif
Baby-Girl-baby-new-arrival-congrats-smiley-emoticon-000422-facebook.gif
Baby Lola arrived yesterday afternoon weighing 6lbs 10 oz, joy. Sweetest baby doesn't cry and sneezes a lot.
LL

love.gif
Congratulations!!!

I hate it when I have to suffer because of other people's stupidity. This morning our temp pen was attacked by 2 roaming pitt bulls. We lost 2 RIRs and Bob the RIR/BA.
hit.gif
Hennrietta hid in the grass and has a few feathers missing, Tripp the HRIR hid behind the banana trees behind our house, he came out from behind the trees when he realized it was us and not the dogs. The white game hen is missing a patch of feathers and skin on her belly. She's been bandaged up and she's still in shock, but she's coming out of it slowly.

There's no question as to what's going to happen to those dogs when we see them again. We know what they look like and they won't have the chance to it again. I am so upset right now. This hasn't happened to us in years and Blu blames himself for not having the top of the dog house completely clipped down. It's not his fault. It's not anyone's fault except the dog owners for letting their dogs roam the neighborhood.

I am so sorry.
hugs.gif

Sorry about your loss Razadia. :( that's terrible.
Cute little baby Lola :)

My eggs are tapping, can't hear if they are chirping yet over my 24 loud chirpy Easter hatch babies. There's a poultry swap 45 minutes away today and I'm using ALL of my restraint to stay away...still need to build something to house this last batch to get them out of 3 pool brooders! The incubator will be empty in a couple days though hmmmmm.

Thanks everyone
I hate it when I have to suffer because of other people's stupidity. This morning our temp pen was attacked by 2 roaming pitt bulls. We lost 2 RIRs and Bob the RIR/BA.
hit.gif
Hennrietta hid in the grass and has a few feathers missing, Tripp the HRIR hid behind the banana trees behind our house, he came out from behind the trees when he realized it was us and not the dogs. The white game hen is missing a patch of feathers and skin on her belly. She's been bandaged up and she's still in shock, but she's coming out of it slowly.

There's no question as to what's going to happen to those dogs when we see them again. We know what they look like and they won't have the chance to it again. I am so upset right now. This hasn't happened to us in years and Blu blames himself for not having the top of the dog house completely clipped down. It's not his fault. It's not anyone's fault except the dog owners for letting their dogs roam the neighborhood.
Razz I'm sorry, that has happened to me, lucky for me the were good dog owners and paid me for the loss. Just watch for them they will be back. They are people that give pit bulls a bad rep. If you know who the owners are, go talk to them.
hugs.gif

After the much awaited event, I had a turkey, a duck and a baby hatch all on the same day.
woot.gif
Baby-Girl-baby-new-arrival-congrats-smiley-emoticon-000422-facebook.gif
Baby Lola arrived yesterday afternoon weighing 6lbs 10 oz, joy. Sweetest baby doesn't cry and sneezes a lot.
LL
love.gif
Awe, Congrats! She looks like she'd prefer to go back, though, better make her welcome!
hit.gif

That sucks, Raz, I'm glad you had some survivors.
hugs.gif

Believe it or not, there are 15 chicks under this big broody plus some eggs that she is sitting tight on!!!

Since we had the strong Santa Ana winds all day yesterday and the pool was chocked full of twigs, leaves and yellow blossoms, (and I spent HOURS cleaning this pool) I had to capture this moment in time when it looks pristine. Water temp is 74... perfect!

Garden... lots of squash, both zucchini and yellow crookneck, tomatoes, peppers, cauliflower, and strawberries with the run in the background and coop in the back right corner.

Eloise, my EE who just started laying HUGE Green eggs.

Two of my five polish girls. These are the only two laying. The other Buff laced has no wattles, just a beard.

OK, you breed experts, is she a Delaware or a Columbian Rock? She is HUGE and just started laying small dark brown eggs.

Another pic of mama.. she just has to stay tight on those last few eggs until Monday night. Think she'll make it? If not she's got the fifteen chicks to care for and she is such an attentive mother for a first time broody. (Black Copper Olive Egger)

Part of the laying flock. From L to R. Lefty (PW Leghorn), Red, Delene, Mary (BCMarans), Barbara, Buffy, Eloise and Lacy.

Back
Top Bottom