**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

You gals and guys seem yo love animals as much as i do This is so much fun
My sheltie was my Hero saved my life after i got him at 2 days old and saved his .
I was shot in 1997 in the head with out that little guy i would not be here for his reward was

ALL Virgin females LOL 6 of them
anyway im glad i am here on this site thanks all its nice to see others with the animal love
thumbsup.gif
NOthing like a special dog!! I've been blessed with a few good dogs over the years. Gotta love the birds though-- speckled sussex trill; the bourbon red toms slide up and drum their feet. Of course the hens run to me every time I walk out of the house with something in myhand!
love.gif

I love curious little turkeys!

In somewhat related news: a chicken egg and a turkey egg have gone missing from under broody #1. I don't know when or how it happened. I'm hoping for the best case scenario of they got broken and eaten NOT kicked out, stolen, then gathered and sold. I do write on all eggs for hatching and check over all eggs for selling, but that would be so bad if one snuck by me.

Ended up with 7 (of 16) MW poults. Also have 5 (of 14) Barred Rock tutors. Our first turkeys and surprised at how sweet they are vs. the chicks who are a bit more independent. It was actually hard to get a photo because they kept running up to the camera.
love.gif

Still pending: 9 Buckeye eggs under a broody due to hatch Friday, and the guineas are still building their clutch. 23 eggs so far (not counting the 7 the crows stole.)

Last edited:
Ended up with 7 (of 16) MW poults. Also have 5 (of 14) Barred Rock tutors. Our first turkeys and surprised at how sweet they are vs. the chicks who are a bit more independent. It was actually hard to get a photo because they kept running up to the camera.
love.gif

Still pending: 9 Buckeye eggs under a broody due to hatch Friday, and the guineas are still building their clutch. 23 eggs so far (not counting the 7 the crows stole.)
I still have 12 of your guineas cooking away. We candled last night & only found 2 clears so they look really good here.

It's early, but I think our injured guinea is going to pull through.
fl.gif
She was a bit lonely, so we got her a mirror and let her guinea friends come for a quick visit every evening (to get seed treats.) Her wound looks like they're finally starting to scab up, she's eating and drinking better, and now she sings to the new poults in the brooder box. So cute.

It's early, but I think our injured guinea is going to pull through.
fl.gif
She was a bit lonely, so we got her a mirror and let her guinea friends come for a quick visit every evening (to get seed treats.) Her wound looks like they're finally starting to scab up, she's eating and drinking better, and now she sings to the new poults in the brooder box. So cute.
Just make sure you don't stop the antibiotics too soon. Infection is the biggest concern at this point.

So, last week was a really bad week. I lost my Pekin hen, the egg from her, and I lost 3 of my chickens to a dog attack. The dogs have been back twice. The first time Blu managed to hit one with a stick and run them off. The second time they came at night and attempted to get in the temp pen again. The 5 hens I'm selling currently call it home. They couldn't get in because of 4 huge rocks set on top of the dog house and the high amount of wire sticking out at all angles to discourage anything from trying to pull the fencing apart. It's safe to say that as soon as the hens are gone Tripp, Hennrietta, and the yet unnamed game hen can go back in it.

This week has been almost perfect. The game hen is healing quickly. I had 11 quail chicks hatch. I found 2 new chicks in the game pen this morning. The last of my hatch is starting and I already have on LF EE pipped! On top of all that, we had to go to the feed store this morning (despite plans to get all our feed at the same time tomorrow) and the mallard ducklings had come in a day early! I now have 3 new ducklings and I promise I'll get pics as soon as the brooder is set up. When we got there this morning they had just gotten the box of ducklings and chicks from the PO. We even got first pick of the babies! I am so happy that I finally got more ducks!
love.gif

My eggs from SilkieSensation arrived today :woot :celebrate all safe and intact This is my first time getting shipped eggs and hatching out ducks, so I'm super excited.6 Calls, and 4 runners

THANK YOU SilkieSensation

Back
Top Bottom