**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

Mine is not a Muscovy, I think she is a Swedish. Her bill is freckled (yellow with black freckles!) My sister said I should take a sharpie and give her a shiny black bill (I will not.)
tongue.png

Last edited:

I am loving the coloring on this boy. He's really friendly, too.

This years CdM birds are almost as big as my two girls from last years hatch. I know BF will probably kill me, but I am not sure I'm going to be able to butcher them.

I really think it is something in this environment. They all did the exact same thing. They were fine up until about three months old then I found them dead. Most of them never even touched the ground before they died. No, I don't want to kill anymore turkeys, I'll stick with my chickens.

I am loving the coloring on this boy. He's really friendly, too.

This years CdM birds are almost as big as my two girls from last years hatch. I know BF will probably kill me, but I am not sure I'm going to be able to butcher them.
I keep a f ew just a live art-- the others I manage to get the job done. Just not the special ones.

I have been tempted to buy a grown tom just to see if he would live, afterall, we have lots of wild turkeys, but I am afraid he would die and I would feel lousy. I think they are beautiful, but not when they are dead......
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom