**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

It's too late in the year!

not for house turkeys.....
hide.gif
gig.gif

SCG, you're my hero! No TV explains all the stuff you get done. We had no TV the whole first year we were in our new house. My DH worked out of town and the boys and I watched movies when we were bored, but without TV, we had other things to do. DH ended his job out of town and the frist thing he did was order satalite. The boys loved it, I hate it. I miss the days when the boys would go outside to play, or read, or pretend, or draw, or play cards or a board game, and I actually stayed ahead of the chores..........

SCG, you're my hero! No TV explains all the stuff you get done. We had no TV the whole first year we were in our new house. My DH worked out of town and the boys and I watched movies when we were bored, but without TV, we had other things to do. DH ended his job out of town and the frist thing he did was order satalite. The boys loved it, I hate it. I miss the days when the boys would go outside to play, or read, or pretend, or draw, or play cards or a board game, and I actually stayed ahead of the chores..........

We got cable weekend before last after not having it in over 14 years. I have already unhooked the kids' TV wire twice to get them out from in front of it & get them to do their chores. It may not last long!!!

I can't imagine my life any other way. I don't need the commercials telling me I need to buy something that I'd otherwise not be interested in. Or get sucked into watching something vapid instead of being productive.

That being said, I'm pretty close with my laptop and smartphone. I am a voracious reader of news, whether it be local, national or worldly. But I like to be able to control what I look at. I was on the phone with an IT guy last week and we were waiting for him to be able to dial in to my computer. It was taking a while so he asked me if I watched Breaking Bad. My response was something like "No, but I'd be happy to talk about Syria if you're interested."

That shut him right up.

We have satellite for the parrot.. he loves it.. I do have to limit his HBO though.. he learns too many rude things to say...

he hates it when my husband and I sit down to watch.. we usually have on the Discovery channel... the bird considers that to be boring...

Back
Top Bottom