SECONE ONE... Can anyone identify THIS breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken_Pauper, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Chicken_Pauper

Chicken_Pauper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    What breed is this? Can anyone tell me, please? Bantam or standard?
    Five month old pullet (also).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope someone can help with these three "rare breeds" I need to identify...

Thank you.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks like a bantam mutt of some kind, honestly. The color doesn't match any standardized color of any breed.

3. Chicken_Pauper

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    Well, not that we always end up with what we think we are buying.. but each of these is supposed to be a pure bred "rare breed".. not that I mind.. she beautiful anyway..

Here is one more picture of her if it helps, I wish I had a close up of her, but I don't, sorry.

[​IMG]

Thank you, again.. very much. I appreciate it.

4. flowerchicks

flowerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    n. california
    are you sure "she" is a pullet? Is it laying?

5. Chicken_Pauper

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    Not laying yet... five months old.. she is "cackling" a lot these days... ??
    You know we are rarely sure of sex until they crow or lay, LOL.

Hoping "she" is a pullet, don't need another roo... but, if "she" is a "he", would be a pretty roo.

She is about the same size, and carries herself the same way as the Sicilian Buttercup, just a little less "full" bodied.. carries and has a similar tail?

Thank you.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    She's definitely a she. [​IMG]

I see a rose comb type on her, she's probably supposed to be a Redcap, just (and no offense intended) a really, really poor quality one. She is pretty though.

7. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Whatever she is, she's gorgeous! Much prettier than the redcap pictures I've seen. Kind of looks like a buff brahma roo got into the redcap pen and you were the lucky winner. [​IMG]

8. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    looks like a golden lakenvelder hen if she is standard size what kind of comb?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  9. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I think she is very pretty!

10. Chicken_Pauper

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    Hard to tell, for me, how big she will get.. she seems on the small size... Illia says Bantam... So... she is only five months old... she seems to have a "rose comb", very small comb, close to her head, more flat than the other "rose combed" chickens I have.. and, her comb has a bit of a point toward the back, still flat, but comes to a point in the rear?
    I am glad she is a "she", a pullet... and, I don't mind if she is a mix.. she's beautiful. And, thank you for the compliments on her...

The one thing is that when I bought the four "rare breeds"; each of the four types of / breeds of chicks they had were IDENTICAL.. four distinct breeds -- so.. she looks exactly like all the other chicks of her type/breed in the "collection"... I was able to clearly and easily ask for ONE OF EACH TYPE / BREED of the four "rare breed pullets" in the cage.

So.. I am thinking she was not an accident.. unless the breeder intentionally mixed to create a new breed? Or a specific cross? I don't know. I am going to have to look up and familiarize myself with all the different types of combs to be sure about her comb... seems like a little different rose comb? Doesn't look like "chewed up bubble gum" as some do, it's more flat?

Thank you all very, VERY much... I am learning a lot, and I appreciate it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by