Secret to getting goats to kid...

NOnuggets

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
As long as you are completely available to your does...they won't kid. The secret is to fill your schedule with "unavailable times"...the doe will seize the first opportunity!
We have been waiting for our Saanen doe with great expectations since March 15th...16th...17th...18th...any day except March 21st, and especially not at 1 o'clock, because that is when my daughter's 7th birthday party is planned. At 1:05, the last party guest arrived...and when does she kid???
1:15.
ep.gif
Twin girls. If that wasn't enough party fun for the city girls at the farm - in the pen of Silkies (in the living room) that our daughter got for her birthday - a roo, a hen, and two chicks...the hen laid an egg during the party - complete with triumphant cackle!
yippiechickie.gif

Your party will be the talk of the city kids school on Monday! You couldn't pay for that kind of excitement!
Your doe was waiting to give your daughter the best present!

Your doe was waiting to give your daughter the best present!

Aha! You are in collusion with the goat!!! It was never our intention to keep a kid...we sold all of our goats to switch to sheep, and then missed the milk...got another goat...she was lonely, so she needed a friend...couldn't time the breeding...so needed our own buck...had to dry first doe off...neither one of them bred in time to keep family in milk...needed one freshened or close to freshening...and what does she go and do???
barnie.gif
Have her babies right on my daughter's actual birthday, right as the party starts...and two doelings at that!!! I tell you it is a plot. How could I say no? Yes, isn't that wonderful? Isn't that special??? Of course the goat meant for you to have her baby as a birthday present, dear...
th.gif
(forget the waiting list and the fact that these two goats would have already been sold...)​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom