1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Security settings issue when I paste?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by RareBreedFancier, Jan 14, 2012.

1. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Something odd I've noticed, when I try to paste something in the reply box another box pops up and I get this msg:

Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.
    Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK​

I'm using FireFox, any idea what I need to change to stop the box appearing? It's annoying and takes time to load while it's thinking about it and I have to paste everything twice.

Any help appreciated.

2. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Either inter your text in the box provided when you try to paste or simply use the Ctrl/Cmd+V paste. It only happens to me in the Reply box. Plus, you can look at this https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/welcome-to-byc
    it is about the new BYC.

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

On Firefox you can change your preference to "allow clipboard." I think there may be an "add on" available, too, but not sure on that. Here are instructions on how to change your preferences:
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Midas/Security_preferences

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  5. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Personally I think Firefox is a huge pain in the neck...

6. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
  7. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Ok. I didn't bother clicking that box.

8. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)

Oh I love Fire Fox! :D

Thankies for the help all. For some reason when I switched to BBCode so I could use the browser spell check it solved the paste problem too. I don't understand but it's all good! :lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by