Aug 11, 2020
This past summer we got lucky and found two Crevecoeurs and two Porcelain Leghorns to start us off on our chicken raising ventures. Sadly, I lost the flock leader, our big Crevercoeur, to a cat recently and would like to find at least one to two more to round out our flock again. Their personalities are fantastic and they are such unique birds, we would love to continue to raise these wonderful ladies and help keep the breed alive!
We are located in Wheatridge, CO, and had originally found these first two gals at a local feed and animal store, so we hope to continue checking back there, but in the meantime, I would love some suggestions if anyone has them. Our only other Crevecoeur is very lonely and lost without her more sassy companion to keep her company amidst the Leghorns.
Thank you!

Attachments

• 20201120_105214.jpg
    20201120_105214.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 8
Go back to Wardell's assuming you got them there and special order some. I don't think they start carrying chicks until March. If you can't wait, Feeder Supply in FoCo will special order some in for you. They work with multiple suppliers so should be able to get some in quickly. If you opt to order from a hatchery, go ahead and order enough to fill out the order. You will have no problem selling them on CL.

Take a look at this article on Crevecoeurs.

https://backyardpoultry.iamcountrys...evecoeur-chicken-conserving-a-historic-breed/
Tammie Glammeyer in Colorado has had some winning Crevecoeurs in the past couple of years. Sue Dobson is probably not far away, either, in Oklahoma. Sue has had Crevecoeurs on champion row the past couple of years. Tammie and Sue both have contact information in the article.

My original flock in 1997-1998 was from Murray McMurray, but they were definitely not uniformly show quality.

Back
Top Bottom