Selling Egg Business cards

Yes i understand that! I’m only doing this because it’s my hobby and yes i’m aware that there’s people on here that use their eggs as their sole income. In no way am i trying to take that away from them. Just a fun hobby for me!
What he's trying to say is that by putting the price on the card you've put yourself in a box where you are unable to adjust your prices (raise or lower) to accommodate for supply/demand, as well as inflation.

in the interest of eating my own dog food, here's the front side of my studio card.

Back side has the contact info in both text form and also as a QR code that you can scan in and it'll allow you to create a contact card on your phone or device.

business_card_layout-2.jpg

I left the white border because most printers charge extra for a full bleed (color all the way to the edges) and it can be as much as double.

Business card dimensions are 2" tall by 3.5" wide. You've got that much room to work with.
IMO, keep important things like contact info 1/8" away from the edges. Business cards can get handled a lot, stuck on cork boards, folded, etc. The edges get frayed/mushy/worn/torn. The bottom part of a number can get worn off.
I left the white border because most printers charge extra for a full bleed (color all the way to the edges) and it can be as much as double.
As someone who printed business cards, I always preferred full bleed. The skinny borders were a real PITA. We charged the same either way. I'm sure most places don't manufacture them the way we did. Ask questions, get a price list, and see if they'll make a proof for you. If they do, check it over very carefully, as if you tell them it's good, and find an error after they do they run, you'll probably be stuck with it. Good luck!

@azurbanclucker, I like your card. Very nice looking.

Back
Top Bottom