Selling Egg Business cards

IMO, keep important things like contact info 1/8" away from the edges. Business cards can get handled a lot, stuck on cork boards, folded, etc. The edges get frayed/mushy/worn/torn. The bottom part of a number can get worn off.

As someone who printed business cards, I always preferred full bleed. The skinny borders were a real PITA. We charged the same either way. I'm sure most places don't manufacture them the way we did. Ask questions, get a price list, and see if they'll make a proof for you. If they do, check it over very carefully, as if you tell them it's good, and find an error after they do they run, you'll probably be stuck with it. Good luck!

@azurbanclucker, I like your card. Very nice looking.
I've admittedly been out of the game a long time, so it's good to know full bleeds are more popular now. The print shops we used (I managed a sign shop in college) hated full bleed and charged premiums for it. I love me a good full bleed graphic with color foil etched type on a business card. :)

Oh, that's a good point. It varies from state to state.

Like AZ for examples, to be "fredh" they have to be USDA grade A certified. Backyard eggs can be sold as "nest run" but not "fresh" in AZ.

Better check how the state and local laws classify that @CKfarm22
The only thing *i could* find was selling at a farmers market or a stand. Nothing about under the radar type stuff😁

Back
Top Bottom