Selling eggs, for eating/hatching..?

Rowsducks

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2021
Hi everyone, I’m newer to the site but I did have a past account. I have 14 females ducks all just over a year except one, that is two. So egg laying is normal for everyone. I was wondering if any of you have road side stands, and how you set them up- or if there’s anything legally you need to do first? Just trying to get some extra cash for food and other necessities. In the summer we could also sell vegetables. Another question what price do you all usually do per egg or carton for both chicken and duck eggs?
Thanks to anyone who offers their advice :)

I think it may depend on what state you are in.

I am in Washington and here I am legally allowed to sell eggs at my house.

"Egg producers who sell eggs from their own flocks at the place of production, directly to consumers for their own personal use, are not required to be licensed or buy egg seals."

https://agr.wa.gov/departments/food-safety/food-safety/eggs

I actually just give my duck eggs away. But I see many coolers along the road in my area with signs that say, "Fresh eggs: $5"

I think it may depend on what state you are in.

I am in Washington and here I am legally allowed to sell eggs at my house.

"Egg producers who sell eggs from their own flocks at the place of production, directly to consumers for their own personal use, are not required to be licensed or buy egg seals."

https://agr.wa.gov/departments/food-safety/food-safety/eggs

I actually just give my duck eggs away. But I see many coolers along the road in my area with signs that say, "Fresh eggs: $5"
Ok thank you so much, that was exactly what I needed! Do you have a moveable stand or is it permanent- what would you recommend?

There's a recent thread in the egg laying/behaviors section of the chicken forum that talks about this. Somebody was asking for advice on how to help their eggs sell and some people had some really good suggestions and now she's selling a bunch. 👍 Sorry, I tried to link it but my phone's being dumb

There's a recent thread in the egg laying/behaviors section of the chicken forum that talks about this. Somebody was asking for advice on how to help their eggs sell and some people had some really good suggestions and now she's selling a bunch. 👍 Sorry, I tried to link it but my phone's being dumb
Haha I get that. Thanks though I’ll try looking for more later :D

Ok thank you so much, that was exactly what I needed! Do you have a moveable stand or is it permanent- what would you recommend?
I have only had up to 6 laying hens at a time and so I only offer them to friends and family. I just text people when I have enough and ask if they can use some, or when they run out they text me and ask if I have any available.

The coolers I have seen are on card tables or even just on the grass by the road. They seem to have an honor system for money. All very temporary. My mother-in-law buys from one down the street from her house when we don't have eggs to give her.

I have also seen many ads on Craigslist and Nextdoor, but I don't know if those are profitable.

I have only had up to 6 laying hens at a time and so I only offer them to friends and family. I just text people when I have enough and ask if they can use some, or when they run out they text me and ask if I have any available.

The coolers I have seen are on card tables or even just on the grass by the road. They seem to have an honor system for money. All very temporary. My mother-in-law buys from one down the street from her house when we don't have eggs to give her.

I have also seen many ads on Craigslist and Nextdoor, but I don't know if those are profitable.
Ok thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom