Selling eggs?

I sell mine for $3 doz and they get 50 cents off if they bring me back the egg shells. So wierd, I know, but instead of oyster I refeed the egg shells so they are doing me a favor bringing them back. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe thats too cheap. I never checked any rules or if permit is needed.... Just picked a price compared to what other locals were selling for.

Unwashed. That way the pores stay in tact and closed by the protective lining. Whomever purchases is eventually going to clean them. Unwashed eggs have a longer “shelf” life.

I just post Craigslist add(s). I never really checked if a permit was needed until recently. Arizona is “lawless” lol. I sell about 200 eggs a month. Not for the money, but because I have way too many eggs and we just can’t eat eggs every day. Besides, the hens are happy and they need to earn their keep!
And now that the ducks are laying….lol

Lechuga Farm
“From butts to plate, they taste great“
-Butt Nuggets-
I have those same colors. How much do you sell yours for? I'm in FL and looking to sell mine.

Hi all. I’m a newbie chicken keeper. I got chicks in October and they’re all laying now, I’m getting between 8 and 11 eggs a day so it’s more than we can eat.
Since the feed and coop etc is so expensive, I’ve been thinking about selling some eggs. My plan was to have my family members in the area ask around at their workplaces and do it by word of
mouth.
My price would be $5/dozen which is in line with what free range eggs cost in the local supermarkets.
What are the potential problems with my plan?
Or is this a no brainer and I should go ahead?

Hi all. I’m a newbie chicken keeper. I got chicks in October and they’re all laying now, I’m getting between 8 and 11 eggs a day so it’s more than we can eat.
Since the feed and coop etc is so expensive, I’ve been thinking about selling some eggs. My plan was to have my family members in the area ask around at their workplaces and do it by word of
mouth.
My price would be $5/dozen which is in line with what free range eggs cost in the local supermarkets.
What are the potential problems with my plan?
Or is this a no brainer and I should go ahead?
Last year I posted on craigslist for two weekly customers, they each have a certain day of the week, they text me and I put the doz. eggs in the back of my truck. The customer leaves an empty egg carton with the 4 bucks. No contact. I have never met the two guys that bought eggs last year. I do not wash them and I use a skelter to store them. I make sure the customers know how to store them and that they are unwashed, cooking, and handling instructions. They are very understanding when the girls slow or stop in winter. Both customers are looking forward to starting to buy again this spring. I spread my days out to make sure I have enough. When all 9 girls start laying again there is a surplus, I have 6 packs I give to my elderly neighbors and the guy that owns the corner store where I get my beer.

If they need to be washed, I wash them. I prefer to leave them natural as possible. I refrigerate immediately. During peak laying months, we may keep them a couple weeks before being sold. I like to take every opportunity to keep them good as long as possible.
I never wash mine. We keep the ones with doodoo (I just laughed when I typed that,) and put the others out for sale. I do have an info sheet in my egg shack…free range hens, not washed to preserve protective bloom, some will have white calcium spots, they eat non-GMO feed, etc. I do mention that if a customer wants to wash them, it should be immediately before they use them.

Back
Top Bottom