Selling my seramas

I will do! What do you recommend in a dust bath? Regular ol dirt or is there a type of sand to use? Can I ask your opinion on lil wing? She looks kind of *ahem* ugly (for lack of a better term) compared to the others. I feed them a good diet.
If you have a dry dirt patch in your yard, use a broom to collect the top layer from it. The broom bristle acts as a agitator to break up the dirt to fine particles, then use a dust pan to scoop the dirt.

As for Lil wing, he looks fine, plus he's still young. His adult feathers will look different from what it is now.

If you have a dry dirt patch in your yard, use a broom to collect the top layer from it. The broom bristle acts as a agitator to break up the dirt to fine particles, then use a dust pan to scoop the dirt.

As for Lil wing, he looks fine, plus he's still young. His adult feathers will look different from what it is now.
Right now we have snow and ice so I’ll have to buy something from the store for now. I wonder if playsand would be sufficient in the meantime?

Lil wing is a she, it’s a noticeable difference between the rest. Perhaps she will be a micro? They all hatched the same day. I really need to get out my scale and attempt to weigh them.

I ended up with 7 girls and 2 roosters from that hatch. I’m planning on keeping one of the cockerels.

Attachments

• 251093E1-EBEC-492B-B239-285927486180.jpeg
    251093E1-EBEC-492B-B239-285927486180.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 8
  • AB3166CD-B1D4-489E-AC9E-0492341DDE8D.jpeg
    AB3166CD-B1D4-489E-AC9E-0492341DDE8D.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 8
I sell my Serama from $40 as a base line for pet quality amd it goes up from there with the average price of $100 per bird for established breeder birds (so $200 for a decent pair. I raise exhibition serama so about10- 20% of them are show prospects and they usually go for $150 all the way up to $250 and the established show champion averages around $300. Now those prices are geared towards the demographic that shows so they are willing to pay more for a nicer bird compared to those who want them for pets. I am also the president and founder of The Serama Club of Wisconsin so I have access to a specific genre.
I do see at swaps them being sold for $20 but it looks like your birds are pretty nice or at least seem to have potential. Like one other commenter sad, I would not go a dollar below $20 even for pets. If you were closer I would take a closer look at that black and white mottled pullet with the leakage in her cape. Looks like a nice bird. So does the chocolate. But I’d like to see videos. Consider joining the Facebook pages for the Serama council of North America (SCNA) and ask for permission to join the available birds groups. I know you have to be very careful on the wording (must use “up for discussion” or “ready to fly”) but I know they have members in just about every state. And one things for sure. Serama people are willing to drive for what they want. Most of us travel across the country for a $5 ribbon so you have that playing in your favor. Plus I believe the nationals are going to be out be you I’d look into that and consider taking them there if close enough. But I would up the prices if you do that. For the nicer ones anyway. SCNA also has a free classified section for members. Not sure if you’re a member of not but something else to consider too. Maybe it’s worth you getting certified as NPIP for $40 as an exhibition flock, Plus the cost of the blood testing which is very very inexpensive,to open up your market to the rest of the country.

Who were your lines originally from? That matters a lot to my crowd.

I sell my Serama from $40 as a base line for pet quality amd it goes up from there with the average price of $100 per bird for established breeder birds (so $200 for a decent pair. I raise exhibition serama so about10- 20% of them are show prospects and they usually go for $150 all the way up to $250 and the established show champion averages around $300. Now those prices are geared towards the demographic that shows so they are willing to pay more for a nicer bird compared to those who want them for pets. I am also the president and founder of The Serama Club of Wisconsin so I have access to a specific genre.
I do see at swaps them being sold for $20 but it looks like your birds are pretty nice or at least seem to have potential. Like one other commenter sad, I would not go a dollar below $20 even for pets. If you were closer I would take a closer look at that black and white mottled pullet with the leakage in her cape. Looks like a nice bird. So does the chocolate. But I’d like to see videos. Consider joining the Facebook pages for the Serama council of North America (SCNA) and ask for permission to join the available birds groups. I know you have to be very careful on the wording (must use “up for discussion” or “ready to fly”) but I know they have members in just about every state. And one things for sure. Serama people are willing to drive for what they want. Most of us travel across the country for a $5 ribbon so you have that playing in your favor. Plus I believe the nationals are going to be out be you I’d look into that and consider taking them there if close enough. But I would up the prices if you do that. For the nicer ones anyway. SCNA also has a free classified section for members. Not sure if you’re a member of not but something else to consider too. Maybe it’s worth you getting certified as NPIP for $40 as an exhibition flock, Plus the cost of the blood testing which is very very inexpensive,to open up your market to the rest of the country.

Who were your lines originally from? That matters a lot to my crowd.
$200 dollars for a ”decent” pair?? Thats pretty bonkers.

I have seen $100 for a amazing, stunning, show quality pair.

Just my opinion, could be wrong. Maybe it just looked that way to me.

Back
Top Bottom