Separate Roost House and Nest House

Quote:
You have a nice setup. So cute!! I love the goats on top of the box.
gig.gif
If that is not the cutest thing I have ever seen. They are beautiful!
love.gif
They are going to be jumping across that fence before long.
hide.gif

funny you should say that because as it turns out our chickens have begun getting on top of the coop and taking a peek at the other side, so the coop shall be moved to a less promising area. These goaties are just about full grown and are soooo tiny. I am so happy i chose to get them, they are probably the funniest things i have ever seen. we have a three teired deck and they spend the entire day hopping back and forth and back and forth and back and forth

Quote:
I so love Kuntrygirls setup....

I have also been toying with the idea of using a tunnel nest. With eight hens you might consider it. They look like a childerens toy chest about four feet wide by two deep and two high. The top swings up for access but there is only one hole in the front. What this does is give them a nice dark place to lay and lots of room for more than three hens at a time.... Id set it up on a couple of bricks or two by fours to get it off the ground. I live in the desert so Wet ground is usually not a problem but it does get cold and windy. Mine will go behind a wind break like a bale of straw or something similar.

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom