Serama: at what age a serama pullet start to lay egg?

yuaan

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 22, 2013
I have 3 pullets and 2 Cockerells. They all are 4 months and 1 week old. My Cockerells have matures at the age of 3 months where they tried to mate with hens but because they were small it was not successful.
One of my hen has started to make a weird noice.she occasionally bows down when I pet her .
My question is is she nearly there to start to lay eggs or its just the normal behavior they adapt

Last edited:
Today I have witnessed my cockerall mating with one of my hen who has recently started to make weird noice. How long after the first mate a hen will lay an egg

I am over the moon. Yesterday my hen in below pictures has let my cockerall to mate with her. I thought that it was a good sign that she is getting ready for laying so I thought I better place a nest there so she gets used to it. But little I know that she would lay the next day. I am so luck I did not have to wait for weeks. I am so in love with her. The rest of the hens have not laid so may be they are soon to be laying.

But
Hurray
The first egg is always exiting :thumbsup

But I was surprised that she did that so quick never made any noice before laying or never showEd any signs of being alone alone in search for the nest. God thanks that I have placed a nest box in yesterday not because I was sure she will lay egg but just for her to get used to the place .

A hen will not mate with rooster if the is not sexually mature. So the succeful mating meant she would lay soon, as she did!

Bravo!!!

Nice flock you got there. I also have a Serama flock and mine started at 5 months old, when your females submit to your male to mate that means eggs are around the corner a week or two. That's how mine worked

Back
Top Bottom