Serama Roo

So they won't be able to get along okay? I read that they can, but was looking for other anecdotal evidence. Someone here said they tried and it was okay, but it also depends on their personalities too.

https://domesticanimalbreeds.com/serama-chicken-breed-everything-you-need-to-know/
You can try it for yourself and see if it works out. From my bantam experience when there in a closed run they can't escape the big chickens to save there life. Ever since my trial and errors, I have removed my run entirely. They have full range of my backyard, despite all the predators lurking. And I have lost quite a bit of birds. But they don't fight among each other or cause issues.

So, I guess I will try to not keep them confined. I'll try it and see. May if they're all hatched as chicks together and grow up together aside from my last Oprington, they'll be fine, and she'll be outnumbered. :idunno :)

Last edited:
So, I guess I will try to not keep them confined. I'll try it and see. May if they're all hatched as chicks together and grow up together aside from my last Oprington, they'll be fine, and she'll be outnumbered. :idunno :)
I hatch and breed seramas. The problem with bigger birds isn't just fighting. Seramas get trampled. I had 3 in my regular chicken run. Every time I went out to feed the chickens they would stampede. Other bantams like my sebrights would deftly dodge the stampede, but my seramas would always get stepped on until they bounces onto their backs like flipped turtles. They would scream too. Never again.

I can maybe set up two separate coops for them while they use the same run perhaps. They haven't hatched yet so we'll see how it all works out.

How about the bantams with the standards? I have had bantams and standards and they were fine. I also didn't have a ton of them fighting for food. I have maybe 7-10.

I can maybe set up two separate coops for them while they use the same run perhaps. They haven't hatched yet so we'll see how it all works out.

How about the bantams with the standards? I have had bantams and standards and they were fine. I also didn't have a ton of them fighting for food. I have maybe 7-10.
I haven't had any problems mixing bantams and standards. Just Seramas. They are too docile and unconcerned with self preservation

It is best to keep Seramas separate from full size chickens since they are much smaller and more fragile. It could work out. I keep my Seramas in their own coop during most of the year, and in the winter they go in with the bigger chickens and there is not too many problems. You would have better luck if they were all raised together.

Back
Top Bottom