Serama showing

Oct 26, 2020
I want to show my Serama trio at a show that is soon.
All are above the age of a year and they are american or standard exchequer seramas.
Can I show them in cage? How is Tabletop and In cage different? What is In Cage serama showing?

Thank you!

I'm no expert at showing but at shows I've attended the judge pulls the bird out of the cage and judges on a table or at least by handling it. The judge can't handle the bird if it's in a cage. Perhaps some shows handle seramas differently.

I'm no expert at showing but at shows I've attended the judge pulls the bird out of the cage and judges on a table or at least by handling it. The judge can't handle the bird in a cage. Perhaps some shows handle seramas differently.
Thank you!
The judge takes the bird out of the cage and judges it instead of you doing it like most tabletop? For In cage?

Ah! I’m kinda late to this thread but hopefully I can help?
There are three types of serama in the US. American, Traditional, and Malaysian (also known as Ayam or Extreme).
There are two ways to show, in-cage, and table top.
In cage showing is done by the ABA or APA. Only American seramas can be shown. There are currently three recognized colors, white, black, and exchequer.
Table top is done by two breed clubs, SCNA and Serama USA.
SCNA recognizes traditional and Malaysian. The birds are scored on type only. Most table top shows are SCNA.
Serama USA is strictly Malaysian. They are scored on type. However there are preferred color varieties in the standard. Their standard is somewhat different from the one SCNA uses.
The standard for traditional and American is the same, one is just recognized by the apa based on pure colors. All American birds are traditional but not all traditional are American.
SCNA shows and APA shows are often held in the same place and packaged as one show, but to sign up there are two different entry forms. Make sure if you want to do table top you actually sign up for table top. I don’t know if you can do both with the same bird.

Ah! I’m kinda late to this thread but hopefully I can help?
There are three types of serama in the US. American, Traditional, and Malaysian (also known as Ayam or Extreme).
There are two ways to show, in-cage, and table top.
In cage showing is done by the ABA or APA. Only American seramas can be shown. There are currently three recognized colors, white, black, and exchequer.
Table top is done by two breed clubs, SCNA and Serama USA.
SCNA recognizes traditional and Malaysian. The birds are scored on type only. Most table top shows are SCNA.
Serama USA is strictly Malaysian. They are scored on type. However there are preferred color varieties in the standard. Their standard is somewhat different from the one SCNA uses.
The standard for traditional and American is the same, one is just recognized by the apa based on pure colors. All American birds are traditional but not all traditional are American.
SCNA shows and APA shows are often held in the same place and packaged as one show, but to sign up there are two different entry forms. Make sure if you want to do table top you actually sign up for table top. I don’t know if you can do both with the same bird.
Thank you!

I would show my 3 American Exchequer Seramas in-cage at my next ABA or APA show?

Back
Top Bottom