Seramas Question

SED

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
North West Alabama
I have been told that these are Seramas but have a questions about the leg coloring (someone on this forum had raised the question and got me to thinking). I know that Seramas come in alot of different colors, but do they have different leg coloring also? The ones that I have has a slate colored leg. Are they true Seramas or maybe crossed with something else? Thanks!

38371_562.jpg

38371_548.jpg

well, I'm new to Serama's as well. I have four right now and 23 in the incubator
smile.png
I will say that of my four 2 have yellow legs and the other two have yellowie/grayish legs, I do know that they are all pure Serama strains though.
Your birds do look like Serama's to me though, but then, I'm not an expert. Yet.
big_smile.png

I hope that helps.

Many Seramas have off- colored legs, but the standard is eventually going to call for yellow. Black birds may have smutty yellow legs. I have a couple of Seramas with green legs, and although it is not yet a DQ, it will be frowned upon if the competition is close. I've not yet seen Serama legs as dark as the ones you have.

Thanks to both of you!! The main thing is when I go to sell some of them. I just want to make sure that when I post them as Seramas, they truly are Seramas. I do not want to mislead anyone.

You need to find out more from the person you got them from. Are they a Serama breeder? Did they get them from a Serama breeder? I would be very careful about selling eggs from these. I agree the rooster does look Serama, but the legs are the darkest I have seen for this breed.

Ondra's Seramas :

Quote:
I agree. Several other things make me suspicious that these might not be pure seramas.

What are the other things that make you suspicious? Just wondering for my own knowledge
big_smile.png

Quote:
I agree. Several other things make me suspicious that these might not be pure seramas.

What are the other things that make you suspicious? Just wondering for my own knowledge
big_smile.png

The legs are very long and of course dark. The wings aren't vertical, they are more in Japanese position, even though he appears to be strutting. The hen looks like an OEGB color.

I know that they originally were a mix of breeds (whenever that was) but all I have ever hatched have had yellow legs.

Also, Ive never had a solid black bird, so that may be why...but I do get lots of dark colors.

Neat color--Id like to see more pics of your birds SED. Are you selling these or their offspring? Did you start with a pair? How does the next generation look?

Back
Top Bottom