Serenity Sprouts

Elmcnam

Songster
Apr 23, 2018
Colorado
Anyone have any good experiences with Serenity Sprouts? I’m in a panic now. I just searched on here and saw all the reviews of people that got chicks with Marks from them. I bought 4 pullets and am due to pick them up this morning. I’m kind of freaking out about it. I should have checked here first before buying. It’s making me leary of buying from local farmers. I lost one duck I bought locally too.
I did opt to get the Marrks vaccine, though. I’m mostly worried for my other birds, and bringing something unhealthy into my flock.

I have never dealt with them. However if many people have gotten chicks with Marek’s I would be highly concerned. My advice would be go with your gut. If you bring Marek’s to your flock then it is there. I would rather take a hit and lose out in money and forfeit the chicks then take a chance, personally. The amount of lost money would be nothing compared to the grief of watching my flock suffer and all the losses that could go with it.

Yeah, I reluctantly decided to pick them up. So far they’re very healthy, 2weeks old when I got them. I’ve added oregano and rooster booster to the water as a precaution for general health. I’m also going to bleach like mad when I clean.

On a positive, these chicks smell lovely. Their feed smells great. Purina and other commercial feeds do tend to leave a smell to birds that isn’t my favorite. I’d compare it to breast fed or bottle fed babies. Not that there’s anything wrong with bottle, it just makes a baby smell different (sorry, mom of 5 with sensitive nose). Also, I did see their roosters, and they were very well kept. Fingers crossed and praying !

Pics of one speckled Sussex

Attachments

• FD967B84-E628-4B54-850C-1DC2207CBE5F.jpeg
    FD967B84-E628-4B54-850C-1DC2207CBE5F.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 80081E26-6AFF-4A59-949B-2DB0E2753846.jpeg
    80081E26-6AFF-4A59-949B-2DB0E2753846.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom