Serious Splayed Leg Issue

animalsroc4evr

Songster
9 Years
Feb 19, 2010
East Tennessee
Hello All,

I have a Guinea Keet that has very bad splayed leg. This is my first time dealing with it and I'm at a lost. when my neighbor brought him/her over she had bad feet from being in the egg too long, he sad that they should straighten out which they did but a week and a half later the splayed leg occurred. no one else got it and they were all on the same flooring 9packed down hay). I've tried taping with a band-aid, taped with medical tape and a Popsicle stick between the legs (with notches so it kept the legs in place), and just recently with gaze around the legs and the medical tape wrapped around each leg than around both legs. The Popsicle worked until he/she out grew it. When I took it off after 2 days with it on one leg looked better but the worst of the 2 looked no better at all. I feel so bad for this little guy/gal. it walks around with it's legs dragging behind and using his wings to move.

Is there anything else I can do? He is almost 3 weeks old now and i'm afraid our window of getting this fixed is closing....

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Thanks

Gretchen

Edited to say: his/her worst leg gets dragged behind him/her when the legs aren't taped. It looks really bad when you watch him/ her try to get around with it dragging it's leg behind
sad.png

Last edited:
Not really much else you can do. You have tried most of the tricks but unfortunately they dont always work
hugs.gif

So will he/she be ok with messed up legs? or am I being curl keeping him or her alive? My mom told me to put it out of his misery a week ago, but I just can't bared the thought of having my dad kill my best buddy
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom