Set 18 eggs tonight

Whoo hoo! This is a great forum for first timers! Good luck! Let us know how it goes for you!

I set 21 eggs tonight, 7 apiece in 3 incubators, so I'm on the same schedule. I don't have very high expectations for these eggs, because they're shipped eggs, and not fresh at all. I got 'em when I already had eggs incubating in all the 'bators, and just now got those three "free" to refill. But I just couldn't toss those eggs....

Here's to a happy, healthy hatch for you!

Thank you! Have a batch of silkie eggs coming didn't want to do a staggared hatch but...These were "fresh" purchased them tuesday night they shipped wed and I received them in here in california on friday afternoon.

Good luck! BLRW are beautiful birds. I hope your hatch goes great!
fl.gif

I've got some Icelandic eggs in the incubator just a few days ahead of yours.
smile.png

18? That's it? Psshhh, that's nothing!
lol.png

I set only 24 tonight, but that's only because my 22 duck eggs didn't arrive today as I expected
sad.png

Good luck with your hatch, what kind of incubator are you using?

Last edited:
I have a Hova-Bator 1602 that I got brand new on ebay for $39.99 bought a fan for a few bucks added it myself its got pretty colorful lights. I'm going to be setting 7 more egg next week same bator and then another 24 in Nov.

It's been holding temperature really well had it up and running a week and added the fan and it spiked a bit came back down had to add a piece of foil to bring the humidity down Egg turner should be here at the same time as the other eggs.

It probably spiked when you put the fan in because the fan creates its own heat-source. I had that problem with my LG, one of the down-sides to adding fans that aren't made for the bator. Good luck
smile.png

Anyone interested in some of the chicks don't know how many i'll end up with but...i sure as heck know I don't need too many got one set from chickenscratchpoultry

Back
Top Bottom