Set 9/4 48 Araucana eggs. Any hatch buddies?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Flash534, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Flash534

Flash534 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2011
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    I have 48 Araucana eggs I set this morning at about 10:00. I know yesterday would have been better, but I had incubator issues. [​IMG] All good now and temp and humidity are looking good. *crosses fingers* I know Araucanas have viability issues, and the postal service has issues with "please handle gently, hatching eggs inside" issues, but I'm hoping for the best. I want a yard full of buttless babies !!!! My three ebay, mutt Araucanas need a bigger family. Thanks again to Smoothmule and Ray_n_Debi !! Great packaging and beautiful eggs !!! Loads of extras too !!! I'm so jazzed !!!! I LOVE MY SILLY OL' CHICKENS !!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I guess I can hatch with you but I have ducks eggs that have been in for a week tomarrow, is that ok?

3. muckmuck

muckmuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2011
    Las Vegas
    I'm a newbie but I set 9 mutts from my Backyard this morning, so if your up for stupid questions I'm in! I have two tan eggs I think are from one of my Silkies, four green eggs from my EE, and three browns from either my red hen or the barred one. There are four roo's running around out there a Light Brahma, two cocky little bas___s the guy at the feed store said were "mini chickens" and a Red roo. The Brahma is alpha so he's probably poppa but I've seen the Red one sneak in a little lovin once in a while!

Max

4. hamilton3475

hamilton3475 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Alabama
    I set a few eggs today too ee /bs maran cross and Salmon Faverolles. I'm not sure if they're fertile, guess I'll find out next week.

5. muckmuck

Aug 9, 2011
    Las Vegas
    So m y LG incubator (w fan) is holding steady at 99.9 by my digital thermometer with the probe in the box at top of egg height. The room humidity is 40% and I filled all of the water rings when I set up the bator saturday. Does all of this sound OK so far?

Max

6. ChickenChaser34432

ChickenChaser34432 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    At Liberty Farm
    May want to drop to 99.5. Are plugs in or out? I run with no plugs but I am in Fl. so humidity is no issue for me. Anyhoo happy hatching!

7. muckmuck

Aug 9, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Thanks for the reply and advice! All the plugs are out. I'm in Las Vegas but I run a swamp cooler most of the time which keeps the humidity in the house up, I had to switch to A/C today because there are thunder storms in the area.

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I've nothing due when your chicks are due to hatch, but, congrats on the eggs! I love Ray_n_Debi's duckwing Araucanas and I love Smoothmules' duckwing Araucanas as well! [​IMG] I hope you get some very nice chicks.

9. yadaguhtoo

yadaguhtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    I'll join in! I set 12 Cuckoo Marans on 9-3. These are shipped eggs so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone! It will be fun to keep up with everyones progress :)

10. Flash534

Flash534 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2011
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    I have a Hovabator with an automatic turner and mechanical wafer thermostat. I installed a fan on it this week prior to setting the eggs and the temp. holds so much better now. Some day I need to get a real incubator with an electronic thermostat like real chicken people have. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by