Set Eggs this evening

couldn't resist I candled a few tonight before I tucked 'em in. I saw definite veining in 2 eggs (1 brown and 1 green) and was unsure on the third. Now I will try not to candle for a few more days....its sooooo hard not to! I will be happy even if only 2 of the 6 hatch!! temp and humidity have been very stable this go...fingers crossed nothing goes wrong!

welcome-byc.gif

When I first started hatching eggs I was candling often. I wanted to see for myself the progression of the embryos. Now I only candle when I set the eggs for hatching at lock down.

Noobgirl--that's exciting!! So exciting!!
wee.gif

I'm sitting on my hands, I sooooo badly want to candle and need to wait as mine are probably behind due to low initial temps.

I have heard of so many people dropping their eggs when candling and I'm likely to be one of them! LOL

I'm holding out and will candle only 3 times to check development and air cell size. BUT it's so hard . . .
barnie.gif

Any one keeping a notebook?

its been 6 days , im going to try and find time tomorriw to candle them. ive made a few more sets since and now have 96 total in the bator (ringnecks, games, marans,ee, and some im not shure of that were given to me). went to the auction today and came home with 200 birds. not shure how that happened, i must have a screw loose!

ep.gif

200? Like two hundred???? Okay--what did you get?????

To day I'm putting in my chicken eggs. Don't know if they are fertile as this EE tells the boys to take a hike except ONCE I did see him at work. She's my only over -1-year hen to try. Have put the eggs out to warm up to room temp;;need to go from 62 to 80 degrees, then in they go. Not sure how to go get those fertilized eggs at TJ--husband is home this week . . . hm. . . ..

Last edited:
i really dont know what i got. there are some silkies, old english {i think} cochins, barred rocks. rir, and a bunch im not shure of. it was actually 183 birds but i already had about 150. i put them in a kennel temporarally but of course they got out and now they are all over the yard. planing on putting the grown ones in the coop this weekend if i can find an empty one, then building new ones. i hope i can sell 30 or 40 this weekend too.

oh yea, i got about 100 due to hatch end of july first of august and 160 more eggs on the way!

Back
Top Bottom