Set My Eggs Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PamB, Dec 10, 2010.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I just set 7 bearded buff silkie eggs in my brandy-new Brinsea Mini Advance. If I just get two to hatch, I'll be THRILLED!!!! I will use this thread to update. This is my second attempt at hatching....but hopefully my first actual hatch (0 of 6 the first try with an LG that I couldn't get temp & humidity to regulate with).

Please keep your fingers crossed for me. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, I'm right here, fingers crossed for you. You're gonna love that incubator!

Why didn't"t you wait until noon tomorrow and join the Massive, Marhonri NY Hatch?

I!m setting 8 Br eggs (shipped) and a dozen Trader Joe's fertile eggs (as an eggsperiment).

3. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Well, these eggs were shipped and took an extra day to get here. I was afraid to wait too long before setting them, so I let them rest for about 10 hours and then put them in.

I hope I do love it!!! It seems like it should be much easier!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I was wondering the same thing!!!!!

5. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hatching Vibes ~~~~~~~~ VIBES ~~~~~~~~~

6. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    yeah, last year i hatched 2 batches of silkie/showgirl eggs. i had very poor hatch rate....they were shipped and i only let them sit about 4 - 6 hours before i put them in. i'm gonna set some BCM eggs this coming week! i can't wait! i will let them settle for 24 hours this time. i hope ur hatching goes well! keep us posted throughout!

7. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:I was wondering the same thing!!!!!

Well, if they are a few hours late, then maybe they will be born at midnight!! Never know! I don't care when they hatch, as long as they do!!!! [​IMG]

8. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I set my duck eggs last night. Does that count?

9. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Best of luck with your hatch!

10. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I candled on Day 7 and three of the seven are looking good. The others look clear...but I will give them until Day 14 before giving up on them. I'm praying the three that are developing well make it to the end!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by