Set the eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ktblue3, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ktblue3

ktblue3 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2012
    Well I set the eggs in the incubators yesterday at school. All conditions seemed right but for some reason, the little bit of water I added kept the humidity too high so I removed most of it. Hope it settles down to a good level. The temp was going a little higher than comfortable even though I pretested incubators at home for a day. Had 2 thermometers. The small one I bought from QFG was measuring lower (100) and it was laying on eggs so I'm hoping that one is more accurate than the other. I can't take this!!!! The stress is killing me! I even had a nightmare about eggs cracking and eggs cooking! What makes it worse if that we have a snow day off from school so I can't check how things are going today. I was only expecting a delay. OK. I'm feeling a little better now that I got it out of my system. Tell me everything will be OK. I mean, conditions are not perfect when the hens set and they get hatches.
    Nervous Nellie..

2. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    I think you might have meant to post this in the incubating/ hatching egg thread.

But good luck with your incubator, I hope all goes well and that you have a good hatch! :fl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by