Setting calls tomarrow UPDATED

Bantymama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
MN
I'm getting the bator ready to try and hatch some calls out. I have not had much luck in the past. I got a new bator last spring a king suro 20, and hoping it will do better then my little giant. I plan on 99.8 and 55%humidity for the first 23 days and then up it to 80% the last three. Its the same as i used before and got a few to hatch. My hen sat last year and then gave up after 2 1/2 weeks so i lost them all. I do plan on hand turning. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
fl.gif
best of luck with your calls

I have 19 more days to go on my very first batch of call eggs.

what color are you trying to hatch?

Good luck with your hatch! I have some due Monday.
fl.gif
for everyone with Calls in the incubator.

I have 14 calls due in 18 days. Do not be surprised if they go 28 days or longer. I have found they may pip into internal air sac and then take a day or two to work on the shell, if they can even do that. Had one out of 9 hatch last weekend and I thought he was a gonner but after three days of pampering he is doing ok.

Well i candled them and have 2 that are growing. I figured to give them the best chance of making it i put them under my broody banty. She started to sit 4 days after i set the calls so i took a few of her eggs and put in the bator and put the calls under her and they should all hatch at the same time. She hatched out a call duck for me last year and raised the duckling and did a great job. My Call hens are so goofy they lay an egg here and there and never sit same with my silkie duck. If they do lay a bunch i will try the bator again. I broke open the other eggs and one started and quit and the others had nothing they didn't even start. My muscovy started to sit a week ago to. yaaaaa.

Back
Top Bottom