Setting eggs 1-18-12. I need some buddies to keep me company.

matlock585

Songster
9 Years
Apr 22, 2011
White Bluff, TN
So I built an incubator last year and hatched several chicks, but this year I moved all the workings into a bigger cooler and followed the advice of a BYCer by the nickname quintinp about where to put the thermostat. I gotta say it's working phenomenally. It's been dead on 100 no matter where I move the thermometer for over a day and a half.
I will be setting 30 bantam cochins from another BYCer's auction and 7 green eggs from some of my mutts. My biggest setting ever.
I am hoping to drum up some other folks setting the same time to keep up with while I'm not staring in the glass.

I'm going to do a staggered hatch in my homemade incubator. It has something on it so that way I don't have to open it to turn it, so I think this is possible. I will try to set them tomorrow, if I can. If not the best of luck to you!
thumbsup.gif

We are excited to be starting our hatch tomorrow. The eggs should get here sometimes tomorrow afternoon, there are 12 Buff Orpingtons. Doing for a 4H Presentation for Public Speaking. Will be telling how to make an incubator and documenting everything that is done for them prior to their hatching. It is very exciting so will try and keep in touch.

Take care ,
and good Luck

I'm along for the ride! Have 20 Blue-Laced Red Wyandottes and 8 Araucanas to set tomorrow.
love.gif
pop.gif

I just set 59 eggs! 47 in my new incubator and 12 under my sussex hen! Got a mix in there!

2 silver Sebrights
2 Araucana
2 blue Orpingtons
4 unknown Pekins
3 blue Pekins
5 mottle Pekins
11 silver spangled Hamburgs
4 white Silkies
3 light Sussex
6 frizzles
17 silver Campines

Rather excited (I have two lots of broodies due this week as well, going to have more chickens than I know what to do with!!!)

All rather exciting, good luck everyone!!!

Well I just loaded them in. I will be so distracted today at work. Think I might have to set up a web cam to monitor them.
I'm glad to see several folk joined me.
Happy hatching and good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Everything's going great here. I added two more eggs from today's lay. I figured them few hours wouldn't stagger them too bad. I'd like to get one more egg tomorrow to make 40.
I see no one talked today, I need some people to give me stuff to follow along with.
fl.gif

I want to hatch some eggs really bad. My standard sized birds haven't been giving me but an egg every 3 days. I have one egg right now, just waiting until I finally get some more, I can't wait to incubate. Sad thing is, that I will only have enough eggs to fill my Rcom mini.

But I am gonna be the 'glass half full' kind of guy.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom