Setting eggs 1-18-12. I need some buddies to keep me company.

Let me also mention we are on day 21, and have had the last couple of days have 4 chicks hatched.

got pics!!!

"finally some fresh air"
"Time for a break!!!"

"Man I wish I could get this shell off!!!"
and rest some more

"Oh man it feels so good to stretch my neck!"
"Where am I?"

Total Relaxation
Totally stretched out

Lots of encouragement!!!

What r u lookin at?

Nice and cozy!!!
Chicks really love to lay in warm wet egg cartons!

Blue wheaten Old English Game bantam chick. My 1st and only survivor so far. 1 silkie still to go. I pulled it out and candled it today because I had to get this guy out of the bator anyway. I wrapped the silkie egg in a damp paper towel the whole time so it didn't shrink wrap but I had to know since I lost the rest of the batch already just before lockdown. I didn't think it was still alive since there was no peeping or movement yet. I was suprised it was still moving a lil bit but it had not internally piped yet. I was careful not to rotate the egg and replaced it in the same position I took it from. How long does it typically take from internal pip to external? It should be hatching today but I have not seen any signs indication change since early this morning.......

Last edited:
I definitely thought I'd have some sort of action today, day 20....but nothing.

This is my first time, and I have no fingernails left. I don't know what I'll be chewing off if I can actually get them to start hatching.....

Great photos 2hot2chicken! Fingers crossed for your silkie, hope it hatches soon! I locked down with 9 silkie eggs, but only 1 has hatched, so I'm hoping I get at least 1 more.

AngelaPenny, hang in there. They're probably waiting to pip at midnight so you don't get any sleep tonight.

I definitely thought I'd have some sort of action today, day 20....but nothing.

This is my first time, and I have no fingernails left. I don't know what I'll be chewing off if I can actually get them to start hatching.

We had nothing on day 20' woke up day 21 to two pips, we now have three out, and three pips!

Great photos 2hot2chicken! Fingers crossed for your silkie, hope it hatches soon! I locked down with 9 silkie eggs, but only 1 has hatched, so I'm hoping I get at least 1 more.

AngelaPenny, hang in there. They're probably waiting to pip at midnight so you don't get any sleep tonight.

Thanks, I'm optimistic. Impatient, but hopeful.

You're not alone, AngelaPenny.

We're on Day 20 also, and nothing is happening in our incubator yet
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom