Setting eggs 4/10, anyone else?

grasspack

Songster
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
Deering NH
Hello,

I am setting some ameracauna eggs, bantam cochin and one barnyard mix from my egg laying flock. This is only my 2nd hatch. My last one I hatched 12 out of 20. Not great but I hope to do better this time.

Hope to have some hatch buddies.

Alice

I put a bunch in lockdown. These are the first eggs that I've ever bought and had shipped so we will see how it goes. I also have some mutts in the bator.

I just put them in the bator....Hope all goes well. In a way, I feel like the 21 day wait is torture:) So fun when they hatch the wait is terrible:)

Good luck with all your hatches.

Alice

Well I just candled them to check the air cells (IDK why, but I can see them better once they've actually been incubated for a little). I don't know if this means any thing from this early off, but I see 3 eggs that are almost completely clear. Two of them are the lakenvelder Orpingtons. I guess I'll see when it has actually been 5 days.

I think I stink at candling so I am not going to do it until day 10. Then I know I can see something. Although I can't see anything in blue eggs and most of the ones in my bator are blue:)

I am a little more relaxed this time than my first. It helps that I have 12 week old chicks to play with from my first hatch:)

Alice

Just candled all of my eggs. One was infertile that I removed today, and one was fertile but looked dead that I'm going to wait a little longer on. So far, it looks like I have 14 viable eggs, and 15 in there right now. today is day 7.

I totally forgot about this thread! Anyway, I'm down to 13 eggs (out of 16), 7 of which look alive. I am keeping the rest until right before lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom