Setting Eggs...5/14/11 T-minus 21 days & counting!

gogoalie

Songster
9 Years
May 15, 2010
Alaska
I've just got a Hova Bator, & I've 1 doz eggs from my three hens, & this will be my first hatch! Anyone willin' to join me? Hopein' fer the best! Wish me Luck! (does this make me a hatchaholic?)

I am with you.. I have some shipped eggs from auctions/swaps that I am setting today -- let the countdown begin

shelly

Great! Thanks...& wouldn't that be a "crackdown"...
big_smile.png

hehehe, crackdown on the 21st day...
big_smile.png

So far so good, temps, been holdin' steady @ 99-100 degrees F, & humidity @ 50%+, Turned them three times today, Unfortunatly, I don't have an egg thermometer,(the one to lay on the eggs...)But I'll trust my 'bator...

I Patiently away candling on the 21st of May...

PS...this is almost as bad as watchin' a pot o' water tryin' to boil...

I just put our second batch in yesterday...Saturday the 14th! Trying local, fertile eggs this time rather than shipped that didn't have a good hatch rate....only got 3 out of 10...hoping for better results...have 12 in...can't wait!! Good luck to you!!!
bow.gif
D.gif
:jumpy

Yes!!! You are a hatchaholic!! Me too!! I am promising myself not to candle them so many times this time. I never kept them out long but wonder if that could have affected the hatch...I will be patient...I will be patient!!!
woot.gif
:caf

Awesome, we have three & a follower! WOOHOOO!!! I'll post some pics up of them here, shortly...
big_smile.png
I'm pretty sure mine are fertile, as the roo's been mountin' the birds pretty faithfully, more than once a day...

Back
Top Bottom